Saturday 24 September 2011

Holster - seidio, thunderbolt


I was pretty much forced to buy this case because I am going on vacation and there wasn't much else to choose from besides silicone bumper like cases with no real carrying solution. It is a nice case but definitely NOT worth the $50 I paid. It offers some protection (more than a silicone bumper) but I doubt it would protect the phone like an Otterbox or Kraken would. Unfortunately, I am sure those cases won't be available for a 1-3 months. There is no screen protection at all unless you have it in the holster so you will still need a protective film of some type.



If you can't wait and are in absolute immediate need of a case with a holster style carrying solution and you can't find anything else this will definitely work. But if you can I recommend you wait for an Otterbox or Kraken case to become available. I am sure the price point will be the same and you'll get more for your money. Seidio SURFACE Case and Holster Combo for use with HTC ThunderBolt (Black)

The case itself is good enough. It's shaped like a silcone case protecting the back and sides but it's a hard plastic. The case is very smooth making it difficult to hold a large phone like the thunderbolt. I ended up taking some sandpaper to rough it up to make the phone easier to hold. The biggest problem I have with it is the price, this thing is way to expensive. When I ordered it I thought there would be more to it to justify the price but there isn't anything special about it. This should be selling around the $20 price point.

I received my Seidio surface case w/ holster a day earlier than expected. So far this case is actually better than I thought it would be!! It gives a clean professional look, and can be worn with a suit and tie without standing out. It does give some protection, but I still wouldn't want to drop my phone!!! I purchased this to hold me over until the new Ballistic case was available. I still plan on getting the other case, but this one will will definitely get it's use!!

After about a month of use, this case seems to be holding up fine. It's a bit expensive, although, when you consider that it's a slip-on case as well as a separate belt holster/clip, it seems more cost effective. I like the screen facing in when the phone is in the holster, as it gives me some peace of mind against accidental damage, and provides some protection against accidental activation/dialing and privacy breeches. The clips (both the belt clip and the one that secure the phone) seem to be well made and holding up fine. My only gripe is that I wish the slip-case on the phone had a slightly more tactile/rubbery feel to it, a la the Body Glove type cases. The cover is slightly too slippery and at times makes holding the phone a bit like trying to cling to that bar of soap in the shower. Other than that, so far, so good.

When I initially received the case it seemed very nice. No more than 2-3 days later i noticed the outer covering of the case was beginning to peel. I have had it for about 3 weeks now, and it has became progressively worse. I expected much better given how this case is so overpriced! Will be returning this to merchant!

This is the 4th Seidio case I have purchased and I have loved them all. One did crack when I dropped the phone, but it protected the phone from damage.

I've tried to find cheaper alternatives in the past, but I always come back to the Innocase. I recommend it to everyone I know.

They fit the Thunderbolt securely, have a great feel in the hand, where I am confidant that it won't slip and the colors are great (bought 2).

I would definitely buy again for whatever my next device will be.

I had just bought the HTC Thunderbolt online and needed a holster and case for it. I was hoping to find one for it like the hard shell and holster that I had for my BlackBerry Tour, so I went into a Verizon Shop and asked if there was anything available of that type. The clerk told me that since the phone had just come out the day before, nothing had been developed for it yet, he said "Hell, I don't even have any spare batteries for the phone.

I came home and checked on Amazon and found "Seidio Innocase II Surface Case and Holster Combo for use with HTC ThunderBolt" and purchased it and an additional battery for the phone along with some clear screen protectors.

The entire order arrived within 3 days and when I opened the box up, it wasn't the extract same item, although it was close, but, much easier to use. I have been using all three items since that day and I am delighted with my purchase. If you buy the case, get the battery package combined with it. These Thunderbolts are AWESOME PHONES!! My upload and download and speed has been clocked at over 10MB each and I think but wouldn't swear to it that there might be more useful free apps for the Android then the iPhone and Blackberry combined. Anytime I think I need an app for something, I just go to the Marketplace and find one usually right out of the gate! I am thrilled with this phone, but getting to the original point, the only downside is the they suck batteries down faster than my 6 year old daughter sucks down a Vanilla Milkshake at Mickey D's so I always carry a fully charged Seidio Innocell 1600mAh Slim Extended-Life Battery. I'm not really sure that has an extended life, but, having that extra battery sure has saved my butt when I needed it saved. The battery seems to live up to the promise of providing Extended life and it is slim enough for me to keep in my wallet under needed for more Android time.

The screen protectors are no different than any that I've used in the past, just remember to carefully wet the screen down using a Windex type of product, push out the bubbles, the it dry and your good to go. The screen protectors are cut so that they perfectly cover the screen for the thunderbolt and I think they are a worthy investment.

If you decide to buy the package for about $80.00 to $90.00 it has been a great one to me!!! - Thunderbolt - Seidio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Holster - seidio, thunderbolt seidio Holster - seidio, thunderbolt