Saturday 6 August 2011

Wool Blanket


While it's a nice warm blanket...it's a full five inches short of the advertised length. Says 72". Measures out to 67". It is also a couple of inches narrower than advertised. Still, it's large enough, though those few inches matter...my feet stick out, or the top of my shoulders do, if I'm just wrapping myself up in it.



It's not a bad blanket for that, though. Nice and warm, thick, not to itchy. Maybe it was washed at some point and shrank. German Wool Blanket

I just received the blanket and was a bit disappointed with it. I understand it is surplus, but it has several spots where the wool has worn thin or completely off. There are also several stains and matted spots. That is one of the only things about ordering surplus stuff online, you can't pick through the selection and get the best ones. I can also verify that the blanket is slightly smaller than the size advertised. However, if it is indeed 100% wool as they claim, $20 isn't a bad price even for a used one.

I was happy to see the blanket is thick and soft, not like the thin scratchy green wool blankets I knew growing up. It's prolly twice as thick as those and you could put it on your bed or wrap up in it on the couch - I got it for emergency use. The piping around the edges is some kind of synthetic that looks durable, well stitched. I worried there would be mothball smell based on experience others have had with foreign surplus blankets but no smell at all. It smells like a surplus store if u put ur nose on it and take a big drag. The only down sides are that it is not 80x62 (more like 72"x55") and there are a few small patches where it is worn thinner. No biggie considering the price. I am 6' and 2(nevermind)lbs and it covers my head, torso, arms and lap when seated. Others sell these for 50% more and up. Remember that nothing insulates like wool when it's damp, u should have something like this in your kit.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wool Blanket Wool Blanket Wool Blanket