Wednesday 24 August 2011

Presentation Pointers - powerpoint, presenter wireless


I am a math teacher. I used this in the classroom as a remote control for my class notes.



Pros

1. Good range, but the true range is about 25 feet. If i tried to walk any farther away than that, it would only work about half the time, which is not acceptablewhen standing in a classroom full of teenagers.

2. Does not require line of sight to function, which is great when there are lots of bodies in the way (such as in a classroom).



Cons

1. Needs a special A23 battery, which in my experience is frequently out of stock at many stores.

2. You MUST remove the battery after every use, or the pointer will drain the battery overnight. This is true mainly because....

3. The buttons feel like they can become stuck at any moment, and are very flimsy. In fact, the "previous" button became stuck after one day. Fortunately, it was not stuck in an "on" position, but rather in a way that made it unusable.

4. The laser became ineffective after about a week of use, even with a new battery. Which wasn't an issue anyway because the laser button became stuck about a week after that!



All in all, i used this pointer for about 3 months, 3 hours per day in my classroom. I went through probably 8 batteries during that time (though a couple of those were because i left them in overnight). Ultimately, i gave up on this device and i now use an infared Windows remote (basically looks like a typical TV remote, but with mouse control!). The IR receiver is high up in the room, so no issues with line-of-sight.



I'm sure there are higher quality remote devices out there. Mine probably still works (the "Next" button, anyway), so for the price it was a good deal. I needed something more durable for my daily use, so if you need a remote control as an essential tool for your job, i would recommend that you look for a different device. RF Wireless Red Laser Pointer Presentation Device (BLACK FINISH) with Page Up/down Presentation Function and more!

This pointer is better than I expected. I work on the road and need to present PowerPoint. It is small and fits into your hand so that the viewer watches you, and not what's in your hand! It definitely does the job that much more expensive products tout.



It came right on time for my big presentation. I definitely recommend it!

I bought this to help me to be able to move around the room while doing speeches with power points.I was hesitant because of some bad reviews. Those people got lemons and that happens.I have used this product with no problems in classrooms, finished basements, large rooms, and even an auditorium and a large hall. I have been able to use this from well over 50 feet away from the computer and the laser can bee seen clearly form a greater distance than I had expected. I am buying another one for my mens group that has just bought a projector to show movies and do power points in their meetings. They used mine a couple times and said order one up for us it works great. However Two notes for better use.



1 take the battery out when not in use or when you put it in the case. The buttons push in the case and will kill the battery life. I realized this right away and avoided killing a battery.



2 when you put it in to your computer give it some time to get going, and again when you start your presentation give it a few seconds to set up the signal before scrolling through slides. then its sharp and reliable.



I give it 5 stars as it is a great little tool at a great value.

This product has a huge range for going up/down between slides on PowerPoint. It also works with a pdf file or MS Word document. I could even change slides from another room! It has a very comfortable design and comes in a great carrying case. I was disappointed, though, that the laser wears out after about a minute of use. Hopefully, I can exchange it for one that works better, or I'll have to use my old laser pointer in one hand and this product in the other for my presentations.

This is a great little unit. The USB receiver was recognized right away on all the computers I tried it on (several different varieties of laptop) without any device driver installation required, just as advertised. The wireless unit works flawlessly from all the way across the room and the laser pointer works just as it should also. All in all, excellent value for the money and I've been 100% satisfied. It even came with a spare battery.

I have bought THREE of these because they keep breaking. I'm not buying another one. The laser goes very dim, even with fresh batteries. One worked for about 2 months; the other 2 lasted about a week. Also, you can't store it in the case because it tends to push the buttons and drain the batteries. There's no on/off button to prevent this from happening, and the buttons are pretty soft.



Plus, it takes a weird battery, which you have to special order.



Don't buy it. Just don't. - Laser Pointer - Presenter Wireless - Powerpoint - Presentation'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information