Wednesday 24 August 2011

Hdmi Cable Splitter - hdmi cable splitter, hdmi


I purchased this product because it was the only solution I found that didn't require me buying another HDMI cable. I was expecting that I would need to manually switch between cable and dvd player which was fine. However, when I received the switcher a few days later, I plugged it in to the TV and attached the cable and dvd player cables to the unit (which is very small)I found that the unit switched itself, sensing where the signal was coming from. Amazing considering the price.

Dollar for dollar, this thing cannot be beat. This is one of those rare purchases that far exceeded my expectations. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with this. HDMI 3-In 1-Out HDMI Auto Switch with 55cm Pigtail Support 3D

The auto switch function worked once. Now I must manually switch it every time. But, it is better than nothing. I have an older flat screen with one HDMI port. I don't use the Blu Ray player everyday, so manually pushing the switch button it is not a problem. It would be nice if the auto switch function worked as advertised, however.



UPDATE: I found out there is a setting on the blu-ray player that enables quick startup. When this is on, the player puts out a signal constantly and the auto switcher won't switch. I turned this feature off and now the auto switcher works as advertised. I have had no problems since disabling this on my blu-ray player. I have the blu-ray player on port 1 and the cable box on port 2. That way the switcher selects the blu-ray player when I turn the player on and defaults to the cable box when I turn the player off.

I use this switcher to connect three devices to a single TV. The switcher selects whichever input is currently sending a signal. Works like magic.



In fact one device in my setup, the Roku box, always sends a signal because it has no power button, unfortunately. This switcher works okay though because it implements a well defined priority when two or more devices are on. The Roku is connected to the third position in the switcher, so its signal passes through the switcher only when both of the other devices are off.



By the way, the other two devices are a blu ray player and a DVD player. It looks like I'll always want this DVD player because it works better than BD players for things fast forwarding and reviewing.

I got this in hopes of solving my problem of 4 HDMI outputs for 2 HDMI inputs. The switcher help me with my PS3 and Xbox 360, but not my DirecTV HD DVR and Sony DVD player.



My DVD player would have picture, but no sound, forcing my TV to pop up a message that said I needed to connect audio inputs in Video 3 input because my TV said the dvd player was using a DVI signal(?). My DVR would have no sound and snow for a picture until I flipped back and forth on my HDMI inputs until it finally comes in.



I not too happy with this switcher, but it does help me if I just leave my DVD player in the second input and use the first for my DVR, PS#, and Xbox 360. This switcher seems like it was meant more for gaming systems with HDMI outputs that for anything else.

My equipment: ATT Uverse, LG BlueRay DVD, Samsung DLP HD with only one HDMI connection. Plugged the HDMI port into the Samsung's HDMI port, LG BD into #1 & Uverse DVR into #2. Turned on all equipment -- LG BD input on the TV screen, turned off the LG BD and Uverse appeared on the screen -- turned the LG BD back on and it reappeared on the TV screen. Couldn't ask for more -- sound and picture quality perfect. Recommended for anyone with older HD TV with only one HDMI port. I don't play games so don't know how they would work with the switch.

I ordered this expecting I would need to get up and hit the switch for it to work in my setup (Mitsubishi DLP TV with a 3D adapter box). Instead, I have my PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 connected to the switch which is then connected to my 3D adapter kit. Now I can play PS3, 360, and PC games on my tv, with all of them running through my adapter box.



For those wondering how the switcher works, you can either press a button to switch it or let it switch automatically. The automatic switcher will default to whatever is on first or is always on (like a media computer or cable box). Then, whenever a new device comes on, it switched to that.

Unusual to write a review about an HDMI splitter/switch, but as anyone who has tried to set up a home theater system without the aid of a geek squad knows it can be a very frustrating process. My Sony HD TV has 2 HDMI slots and one was hooked to the TV and the other to the sound system. Other configurations (I tried every cord you can imagine)did not work and I needed another HDMI slot to hook up my apple TV. This splitter works great and in minutes everything just miraculously worked. By the way, the apple TV is crazy cool!

I purchased this because the TV only has 2 inputs. It doesn't work properly. These are the two setups that it failed miserably in.



1: Sony BDP-S270, Roku XDS, Foxconn PC.



Set up with Roku on 3 (because it has constant power), Sony BR on 2, and PC on 1.



Sony S270 won't display on the unit at all. It gives some garbled mess and a terrible sound and then the Blu-ray unit shuts down.



PC sound was botched and screen kept cutting out to black every few seconds.



On top of it all the automatic switch was so buggy that it hardly ever switched to the proper device.



2: Tried moving it to the bedroom hoping to get some use out of it and not have completely wasted my money. This setup is simple: WDTV Live (1), Roku XDS (2). Both units display properly but unit never automatically switches. WDTV turned off and the unit still won't switch to Roku. I have enough HDMI inputs on this tv and the only benefit would have been the convenience of auto-switching which doesn't work.



This thing is either a faulty unit or FAR too picky for a universal solution. - Hdmi Splitter - Hdmi - Hdmi Cable Splitter - Hdmi Switcher'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information