Friday 12 August 2011

Lithium-ion - compact, makita impact driver


This is a great tool, small, lightweight with a lot of power. I own a Makita 18 volt LXT and that is a great drill, but for installing blinds and other items this is awesome, only weighs 2 lbs. and comes with a holster. I work in remodeling daily and this is my new best friend to work with, a great investment Makita TD090DW 10.8-Volt Ultra Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit

I am really impressed with this cordless driver. For as small as it is, it really has a lot of torque. I bought another brand that practically had no torque at all. I sent it back and bought this one. You get what you pay for. The work light really lights up the area where you are using the driver. If I had a complaint at all of this tool, it would be it is hard to drive a screw at a real slow speed, for instance, when you are just starting the screw. The trigger is real sensitive. You have to use small movements of the trigger. As I use the tool more, I am getting better at selecting the proper speed for driving screws, etc. I like the compact size of the driver also.

I own the 18 volt tools from makita and love them then this little powerful guy came around and had to have one powerful for the size and nice to hold all day in a service truck and crain thanks makita

This is a great product with lots of power in a compact size, fast recharging batteries that have a long use time. I am a technician for Audi and I use this thing all day every day and have had it for about a year now, saddly I have dropped it on more than on occasion but the durabulity of this tool is amazing and still functions flawlessly. It is small enough to fit in tight spots and powerful enough to tackle any job I throw at it. I highly recommend this, if you are in the market for a 1/4 inch hex bit impact driver that you will not be disappointed with.

This "little" driver was the best tool purchase I have made in years. Not only is it everything the description says it is you will be blown away how long and hard it will work on a charge. I was able to drive over 300 3" 305 stainless screws with one battery.

I dont start a project without it in my hand. Well worth the money.

This got good reviews n my internet search and so far it's lived up to them. I'm new to home improvement, but love it so far. Directions easy to understand, comfortable grip and lightweight. I'd recommend to anyone

I have not used this on a big job yet, but it works fine for messing around in the shop. I got it for smaller size and weight than my 18V Makita Impact Driver. I loved 18V for its power and size but not so much for its weight. I was hoping to save on weight and maybe on size (the 10.8V is somewhat skinnier).



The 10.8V seems to have enough power for 3" screws (my usual max, 2" are much more common) but I don't think it will last as long on a charge. This should not be an issue because I will always have my 18V around for backup and I have multiple batts for it. For working around a shop bench, either unit should be fine. For working around the top of a ladder or in the rafters, the 10.8V will probably be my choice. For working in the field, away from chargers for a day, I will go with the 18V and a backup batt. Or the 10.8V and maybe 2 or 3 backup batts. Don't know yet.



By the way, I really like the $20 hex shank twist drill kit that Ryobi (at Home Depot) makes. They are not great bits but they are really convenient if you don't want to carry an extra drill around. And also, BTW, Sears sells high quality hex shank twist replacement bits and in larger sizes, up to 1/2".



Aloha, Shell

Just wanted to add that this thing is also a drill, although i have not tried it on metal yet ,,the makita td090dw putts and end to my black and decker ,, ,secondly i would not consider this a screw driver it is way to strong ,it can easy strip out plastic and other soft materials,even though it comes with a Phillips headed double sided bit, It works best with a set of 3/8 sockets, works great on your car with those bolts that connected to aluminum, large bolts connected to steel not so good , 10 11 12 13 mm great,, 14mm and up the makita will warm your ears up from the impact mechanism and possibly chime it off ,, Tightening strength I am estimating about 10 to 14 ft lbs or 200 to 300 inch lbs after the fist second the impact mechanism comes on,, after that the impact will take it down even further depending on what size the bolt is , so the makita td090dw does not have 850 inch lbs or 70 foot lbs of torque it creates torque through the impact maybe you could reach this by holding it there for a few seconds and letting the impact do the work "tried it seems to stop moving"if you want more raw torque get the 18v,, after a several recharges she will get even stronger ,in short it replaces that 14 and 18 volt black and decker with ease but your going to need to get the screw driver

Very powerful for it's size. The batteries don't last quite as long as I thought they would but I've been putting a lot of load on them. All toghther this is much lighter and more powerful than any cordless drill I've ever owned. - Makita - Compact - Impact Drivers - Makita Impact Driver'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lithium-ion - compact, makita impact driver makita impact driver Lithium-ion - compact, makita impact driver