Wednesday 31 August 2011

Invisible Shield - 4g, invisible shield


This Splash Masque screen worked exactly as it should. I did waste the first screen in the 3-pack because I rushed ahead and didn't read all the good advice on the package. In addition to instructions on the outside of the pack there is advice under the flap, that you will see after you open it, about how to align the screen with the glass. It is a little tricky. The first time around I didn't get the screen aligned well enough and couldn't recover. The second time was a charm.



There are three layers in each of the three screen application kits in the package. The bottom layer is what you peel off first, to reveal the bottom of the actual screen protector, which is the middle layer. The top layer is quite thick and helps you to manipulate the protector and align it with the Thunderbolt. Once you have it lined up and stuck on, and after you squeeze out any air bubbles, you peel off the top layer to leave only the screen protector on the glass. At that point it is probably better to use your finger to squeeze out any last bubbles as the edges of the "stick" they provide -- just a piece of rigid plastic sheet -- could scratch the protector.



Note that the protector covers the whole glass surface of the touch-sensitive part of the phone's screen, which is larger than the display itself.



The cloth in the package did a great job of cleaning finger marks off the screen. A few dust particles still stuck to the screen after I cleaned it, but I used a can of dust blower that I happened to have on the shelf and that took care of them. Or you could just blow -- the humidity in your breath will help to suppress static electricity. splash Masque Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for HTC Thunderbolt (3-Pack)

I have the Splash Masque screens for my Droid Incredible and iPad and love them so I got these for my wife's Thunderbolt. The no-fluid/static cling application is a lot less fussy and involved than the likes of Zagg and Bodyguardz, offers the same protection in my opinion for straightforward daily use with common sense care (i.e. don't use a sharp pointy object for a stylus) - at a much better price. We also like the way they feel - not too different from the original surface (not sticky/rubbery like the Zagg). They also reduce smudging.



With regard to installation, I think the hardest part regardless of the type of protector is keeping everything dust-free. If you ever installed a protector, you know that the smallest speck creates an annoying bubble. So I liked the fact that I got three chances with the Splash Masque since they come in a 3-pack. In fact I got more than 3 chances -- I got dust on all 3 screens when trying to apply it to the T-Bolt, so I got desperate and tried to use the "squeegee" card to scrape the dust off of one of the protectors. Guess what, it worked! Granted, it took me a while (guessing 20-30 min) and several applications (because you can't really see the dust until you put it on the screen, so then you have to take it off, scrape, try again, etc.), but in the end, I got a dust-free, bubble-free application which looks great! (couple of bubbles along the edges but didn't care about those since they're mostly covered up by the case) I don't think I would've been able to do that with one of the "wet" application protectors like Zagg...

I wanted a screen cover for 2 reasons: 1) to protect against scratches (I throw my phone in my purse) and 2) to stop having to rub the fingerprints off with my pants. This screen does both perfectly.



It was fairly easy to install, but make sure you really clean the screen with the cloth because any little particle of dust will make an air bubble. I ended up using two screens before it got it right. I still have a few tiny air bubbles, but they are all on the edge.



Also, just be aware that the screen is a few millimeters smaller than the screen.



What's you get: 3 screen covers, a dust cloth, and a piece of thin cardbord to remove air bubbles.

This screen protector is the best i have ever had, it doesn't go on any easier than others i have applied but if you take your time it will go on with no air bubbles. Its a great fit for the screen and i had no bubbles after installing it, once on the screen you cant even tell its there.

I bought these after i messed up on a different brand I purchased. I took this one out of the package, followed the directions and boom. Went on with no fuss. No bubbles either. You can't even tell there's a protector on my screen. I bought the 3 pack and probably won't need the other 2. Very happy I purchased these. Well worth the money!

Perfect fit and non-sticky like others I've had for other devices. Its on the high end price-wise, but it at least covers the entire screen of the phone. I've seen others that only cover main portion of the screen, leaving exposed the 4-home buttons on the bottom and the logo on the top. Installation is like most static-cling screen protectors and I didn't find this one to be easier or harder. Bubbles are a pain and dust is a major factor to deal with. I messed up the first protector, but got it on the 2nd try. I've had it on for over a month now and its worked perfectly. - Invisible Shield - 4g'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Invisible Shield - 4g, invisible shield 4g Invisible Shield - 4g, invisible shield