Wednesday 31 August 2011

7-port Usb Hub - 7 port usb 2 hub, usb hub


This USB hub works. Over the years, I've tried more than a dozen others, from Chinese no-name to Belkin and Griffin hubs with iPod docks and card readers. None of them has worked reliably, and I have ended up using my precious MacBook USB outlets (why only two??) for must-have external hard drives.



This new hub was a success right out of the box. It instantly allowed the MacBook to recognize everything I plugged in, and it has never hesitated, even with four hard drives running (I believe in backup), plus other bits and pieces. I am soooo happy not to have to wonder any more if I have a good connection.



The unit is certainly not the slimmest, if portability is important. Also, with the seven outlets all on one side, it is less convenient than the CablesToGo equivalent, which has four on one side and three on the other. That said, I now have it set up compactly, and can just forget about it.



The construction is solid, so I have no fear of damaging it with lots of replugging. The USB cable has a solid S Type connector (as is often used for printers), rather than the flimsy little camera style plug, which I assume helps performance. It also has a more than adequate power supply.



Of course, it could be that I just got lucky after years of lemons - but I don't think so. This unit is made to be functional, rather than simply looking slick, and it succeeds. Now I can get on with what I want to do, and not worry about those nasty crashes. 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub, Black

I had a Belkin 7 port powered hub and just couldn't get more than three things to be recognized at once. So, off I go to Office Depot and buy another Belkin hub. Exactly the same problem. One day the thought occurs to me that maybe this hub is underpowered. Not a big enough power supply. I don't have any way to test this, but with this hub, all seven devices connect up no problemo and run just fine. Wish the light had come on earlier and I'd bought this first.

This is a quality product. Good materials, well-made; all ports work; the design is attractive and compact; hub stays on desk, no mounting necessary. Very good price, fast shipping. Considerate followup by Cyberguys to boot -- these people know that doing business is about providing value and service (not just 'making money').

This 7 port USB hub has it all. Works for Mac and PC. Just bought my first Mac and the reviews by other buyers mentioned lots of hubs won't work for Mac. Small enough to be unobtrusive and always easily available to use all the time. I have mine attached with velcro in the back of the shelve my keyboard is on, so it is very convenient to access and out of sight. I plug in the USB cables for my camera, a couple of flash drives, my iPod cable, and scanner, so they are always ready to use immediately. And still have room for more!

Cyberguys were all about customer service and it shows, and a great price too. I now go to them and check out what they have first before trying anyone else. 5 stars for Cyberguys and their USB hub.



LMC

I needed a USB hub when my Mac Mini ran out of jacks and finding the ones on the sides of my monitor became a pain in the neck...literally. The unit works fine.

A couple of suggestions for the manufacturer though: The green indicator LED's on the front are a nice touch but pretty useless since they are so faint that you can hardly tell they're on. Second, three of the USB's should be in the BACK of the unit and four in the front (or some configuration like this). Most of my peripherals needing a USB I keep plugged in all the time. Things like my digital camera and GPS don't and are perfect for the front. Permanently plugged-in USB devices on the front makes for an unsightly tangle of cords which I would rather have out of view.

This unit does require an outlet for its transformer...just one more thing gobbling power all the time.

I usually run out of USB ports or it becomes a pain to keep plugging and unplugging wires from the back of the desktop. I chose this device because it comes with an external power source which is necessary if you want to plug an external hard drive to the hub. Without the external power source, it usually will not have enough juice to power up the portable hard drive. I have used all 7 ports at the same time without any issues. Wireless mouse, camera, portable hard drives and flash drives plugged in all at once.



Great price and a great buy. Recommended!!

I've had great results with this unit as others as well, and I've used almost all the ports simultaneously.



MY RECOMMENDATION (connecting any non-powered external USB drive): If you have an external USB drive not showing up, use short mini-USB cables. With longer mini-USB cables, there seems to be enough voltage loss through the cable, that some devices don't get enough power. Search Amazon for the "RiteAV - USB 2.0" 1ft cables.



Whether on this hub or just plugged into my laptop, the three foot cables are too long. With the short cables, EVERYTHING powers up and works!



Great hub! - 7 Port Usb Hub - Powered Usb Hub - 7 Port Usb 2 Hub - Usb Hub'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


7-port Usb Hub - 7 port usb 2 hub, usb hub usb hub 7-port Usb Hub - 7 port usb 2 hub, usb hub