Wednesday 17 August 2011

Activities - work book, learning


I have been using the summer bridge activity books for both of my children for the last couple of years. I think the books for primary grade children could be a little more challenging in the math area. Once you get to the 3rd-4th grade level they seem to be pretty close to school curriculum. If you are thinking of buying this for your k-3rd grade student you may find the need to supplement the math activities. The Original Summer Bridge Activities: 2nd to 3rd Grade

My daughter and I have used this series for five years now. The older she gets the more she enjoys her summer studies. This book is great! It is always broken down into three sections and has reward charts to track progress. We also love the Summer Reading List in the book, and look the books up at our local library. I really enjoy the Better Bodies Better Behavior section and the flash cards as well. Each day's work and reading takes less than an hour. Definately worth the money, get it every year!

The bridge workbook is good, but there is only one page per day - it's not extemely thorough. It takes my step-daughter less than 10 minutes to complete the page every day - I had hoped the book would provide her with 20 - 30 minutes of review. The content is there, but I would like to see it expanded to a page of math and a page of language arts and handwriting activities each day.

My husband and I get workbooks for our kids every summer and these are by far the best ones we have gotten. There is a page (front and back) for each day and every day includes some type of math skill, and reading or english skills. There is enough work to help keep the kids in practice but not so much that they feel overwhelmed. The book reviews what they learned in the grade they just completed and gradually starts introducing them to the skills they will be learning in the next grade. I think getting a taste of what is coming up makes it all just a little less intimidating and helps them get a little head start. We liked these books so much we have already purchased the workbooks for next summer!

I love the Summer Bridge books, they are an excellent way to review with kids so they don't lose anything over the summer. Since it's a review it's actually fun for the kids, will buy again next year.

I have since both of my children started school I have had to buy at least 3 workbooks for my children to work over in the summer. Some of the books are just to much and others not enough.

These books are prefect for summer. the amount of work is perfect and it eases your child into the next grade. It is also great for your child to work on their own.

I absolutely loved these workbooks. It kept my kids interest, especially the projects and the lists of things to try during the summer. I purchased these for my children because they were switching schools and I wanted to make sure they were ready for their next grade. They were more than ready and it helped keep them in the learning mode during the summer. They easily finished the books during summer vacation. They even did some of the suggested reading. I will be purchasing them again this summer. Any parent that wants to help their kids remember what they learned during the school year would want to look into buying these workbooks.

This book was wonderful! It allowed my daughter to do a little work each day without feeling like she had Summer "homework". She enjoyed the incentives and goal setting in each section. It is a great tool to keep kids thinking over the Summer without overwhelming them. We loved this book and I will probably buy another one next Summer.

This is all you need for this age group to keep thier skills fresh for the next year. It's entertainig, teches values. May be abit more challenging for this age goup but still acceptable. Highly recommend for the summer. - Summer - Work Book - Activities - Learning'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information