Thursday 28 July 2011

Waste Of Money - cat5e, ethernet cables


Being honest and frank here, it's a Cat5 cable and it works. I can't really gauge how well it works but I can tell you that I'm online using the cable as I type this and since I've been using the cable I've had no connectivity issues with it. The only drawback is that the plastic casing around the cable is not a high quality material that one may find on name brand cables so it doesn't really look as nice but big deal, I bought it for function, not for aesthetics. The shipment came quickly and I was pleased with that. In short, if you need an inexpensive Cat5 cable then I recommend you get this one. Cat5e Network Cable 25ft. (Blue)

The overall rating of this product was good, so I was both disappointed and surprised to find that the cable didn't work.



Upon close examination of the photos on the sale page, I realized that this is not a single product. If you closely examine the photos of the item show at least 3 different products. And the one that they shipped me was a 4th and cheaper looking version.



The text printed on the side says "Global Link Network Patch Cable 5e 4pr-etl tia/eia-568b". The plastic filling is irregular and shows bubbles. The plastic is extremely soft and has an odd smell. Did I mention that the cable didn't work? There's no way this meets 5e standards.



I ordered 2 other cables at the same time of different lengths. This one,sold by: fastvibes, was the only one that didn't work. The best quality one was sold by: Amamax.



If I see another cable for sale by Amamax I might buy it, but otherwise, based on my experience and the reviews, buying a network cable from this page is a crapshoot- not worth it. Amazon has some QA/QC issues to work on here.

There isn't much you can say about a network cable... it works, I get good speeds over my gigabit ethernet. The clips on the ends look like they could break off pretty easy, but that shouldn't be a concern if you don't plan on plugging/unplugging frequently. Great value for a 25ft cable.

This Cat5e works as it should. The plastic casing is pretty flimsy and doesn't provide the cord with much protection. If I needed a more durable cord, I wouldn't choose this one. However, I don't move the cord around a lot, and it's in an out of the way area. I don't expect the casing will be a problem for me. This is a good cable for my needs at a great price.

If you need to "reach out" for you hardwired connection, you can't beat this 25 footer. No hassles with this one, the "tips" are solidly mounted and look as if they can take some stress. Very good buy.

just as the title, the cable is doing its job. what is its job? it only has one job in this world which is to make you able to connect to internet. I can not tell the difference between 99M/s and 100M/s. so i am not making any comments on the speed. but this thing connects to the internet for me. that is the only thing I am asking from it. - Ethernet Cables - Cat5e - Ethernet - Cat5'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information