Thursday 7 July 2011

Volume Control - mount, pyle


Be careful ordering this product. It is too large to fit in a standard box. It will barely fit in a extra large new constuction box, but the old work boxes like you would add in existing sheet rock are too narrow. The circuit board will not fit in the box. I had to mount mine without any box at all to make it work. The transformers and circuit board would totally fill a single gang box leaving no room for the wires. Pyle Home PVC1 Wall Mount Rotary Volume Control Knob

I chose this unit as it is impedence matching, stereo and at a decent price. My only complaints about the product are that the unit is large and must be used in one of the 'low voltage' metal boxes that don't really stay in the wall well with a lot of use. The screw placement for the finishing cover required me to also drill out additional holes in the low voltage box to secure it in place wihtout bowing out the covers. Not a big deal, but just inconvenient. Once installed, the unit works well. Doesn't really have an off volume level, just a really, really turned down setting; not a big deal for me as I can shut off the zone from my receiver but something I was hoping for. The sound goes through clean and works well with nice adjustment through the many individual volume settings. Although it works well, I will probably be looking for a higher end unit when I go to do my whole house install down the road. - Mount - Volume - Wall - Pyle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Volume Control - mount, pyle volume Volume Control - mount, pyle