Thursday 7 July 2011

Laser Mouse - mouse, notebook mouse


I was skeptic of MS mouse products after using few earlier models. I'm Logitech converted. I use a G9 for my desktop, that's simply an amazing mouse. However, this bluetrack tech has me blown away. It works virtually on any surfaces that you would use for a mouse "pad" the build quality is great, I love the two side buttons and the rubber grips. Its comfortable and stylish (be aware that the stock pix is misleading, the blue light does not show around the mouse) Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 - Black

This is a great little mouse thats very comfortable in the hand and accurate. I have medium sized hands and I dont feel cramped after using it for a long period of time. This would get 5 stars if it wasn't for a gimpy scroll wheel. I have no idea why they would make such a nice mouse and skimp on the scroll wheel. There is no tactile resistance at all and its just a free wheeling scroll. I have the larger version desktop bluetrack mouse, the 5000, and its the same.

In the past, I've had nothing but good experiences with Microsoft hardware and their warranty replacement service. Unfortunately, Microsoft's hardware quality and support doesn't seem to be what it used to be.



I bought this mouse for my wife and she absolutely loved the size, sensitivity and its ability to track on virtually any surface. Unfortunately, this was short-lived experience because the transceiver unit failed from overheating after a couple of weeks of normal use. The transceiver now becomes so hot that it is uncomfortable to touch when plugged into a usb port. Do a search for this model mouse and overheating you'll find it to be a common issue.



To make matters worse, I've found it impossible to get support for this mouse without calling Microsoft directly. When you go to their warranty support site and enter the product ID listed on the bottom of the mouse, you'll receive a message to the effect of "The PID you have entered is not valid for the United States" with no other options for support.



Not wanting to waste my time waiting on hold with Microsoft and against my better judgment, I wrote off the first mouse as a fluke and bought another one since my wife liked it so much. After one week, the transceiver failed with the exact same issue. Of course, the product ID listed on the bottom of the mouse gives the same error as the first one when entered into Microsoft's support site.



Two mice purchased from two completely different vendors failed in the exact same way with no easy way to get a replacement under warranty from Microsoft. I'm going to be avoiding purchasing Microsoft hardware for the foreseeable future thanks to the non-existent warranty support.

This would be a great mouse - if it worked. The first one I puchased lasted about 5 days before the USB tansmitter fell apart and it refused to work. I replaced it with another and it lasted 2 days before the USB transmitter stopped working and became very hot - shorted out I presume. So I replaced it with a logitech which is not as nice - the ms mouse is very smooth and resistance free whereas the logitech V450 is not - however it does work! not recomended sadly.

I admit I am quite new to the BlueTrack technology so I do not know what to expect. However, I have not been disappointed. I have a tinted glass table as my temporary workstation and the BlueTrack works fine on that. The mouse itself feels sturdy and the micro receiver is quite convenient (even smaller than the receiver of Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Black)).



My only complaint is that the mouse finish is very glossy so it is quite a fingerprint magnet. I would have preferred a somewhat matte finish. I was also disappointed that it didn't come with a carry case. They should include even just a simple cloth drawstring case to protect the mouse while it is bouncing around in my bag.



I've been using it on my Macbook Pro for only a few days so I cannot comment on its durability or longevity.

Pro: Very samll usb plugin, where you can plug it in and forget about it, prob sticks out less than a quarter of an inch. I like the design and look, it also fells pretty good in your hands, rubberish sides with plastic top. Oh yea, the mouse works on pretty much any surface, just as if it was on a mouse pad, I use it on my bed covers all the time with no problem.



Cons:plastic shiny top is a finger print magnet. The two buttons on the side are placed to far up and foward. I would prefecr a mouse that has a quiter of a click, since it can be annoying for others in class.



Overall this is the best mouse i have ever owned, I would recommend this to any laptop owner, but would consider others if your looking for a desktop mouse.

I love this little guy. I bought him when my old mouse finally gave out. First some computer specs. The computer I use is a 2009 Macbook with a Windows 7 partition run by Bootcamp software. This mouse works perfectly on both partitions. Installation for basic drivers only takes about 10-15 seconds. The mouse comes with a CD which is used to install more dedicated software that allows you to program the mouse buttons to do a multitude of different click functions. This works well with both partitions, allowing me to control the Expose program and Dashboard with the side buttons and the middle click respectively on the Mac OS and allows for undo and redo functions on the Windows side (thats not all you can program this mouse to control, but its what I'm currently running as an example. There's a sizable list of functions on the programming menu.) This mouse also works great on virtually any surface. The only surface I've had problems on so far is shag carpet, which is more a problem of being able to physically move the mouse than the mouse's sensory ability.



I'd recommend this mouse. Its a reliable little guy and I'm certainly happy with it. - Notebook Mouse - Mouse - Microsoft - Bluetrack'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information