Thursday 7 July 2011

Dell Inspiron 6400 - 9-cell, dell laptop battery


We have been using our Dell E1505 as a "desktop" (always plugged in) for over two years since the original Dell battery quit. I couldn't justify the $150 dollar fee for a new battery. I have been waiting for both a non-dell battery to come down in price and get good reviews. The battery came promptly installed fine. I conditioned according to another posts recommendations "On your initial charge of 100% charging you let the battery drain to 40% and then recharge to 100% and then the second depletion to 20% and back to a full recharge cycle. This helps maintain the battery condition and in some aspects the "Brain" of the battery so to speak is set in motion and maintains battery health througout time. ". I don't keep the laptop plugged in all the time when I am working at a table. So far so good. Keeps charge for 4-6 hours before needing to plug in. Time will tell how long this battery lasts - had it about a month. NEW 7200mAh (9-cell) High Capacity Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron 6400, E1505

We purchased this item to replace a dead battery in our e1505 dell laptop. We followed the instructions to maximize battery life. It held one full charge and now will hold zero charge and is dead. After a few hours of attempting charge, removing the power cable immediately shows dead battery light. It seems like other people have had fair success with these battery replacements, but unfortunately we're not one of them.

I am practically computer illiterate but ordered this battery when my original gave out after 4 years. I had no trouble either installing it or convincing my computer (Dell Inspiron E1505)to operate effectively. I followed one reviewer's suggestion of draining it to 40%, recharging to 100%, then draining to 20%, etc. When fully charged now I have 6 hours of time, although I haven't tested that to the max......about 4 hours is the most I have used it. I do leave it plugged in when not in use, but plan to use it on a 2-week trip soon, so will find out how it holds up when unplugged. I am well pleased with the prompt shipment by the vendor, as well as the battery itself.

This was the greatest thing I could've bought for my Inspiron 6400. Like other users mentioned, I've been using my laptop ike a desktop for over a year (it's been plugged in the whole time#. As a result, I took the plunge and purchased a new battery for it. I couldn't spend the $150+ dell was asking for a 6 cell battery, so I LOVED that this battery was around $40 and was a 9 cell battery. I'm using it on high performance #vs "Balanced" or "Power Saver" mode so I can charge and discharge the battery 3-5x to ensure that it can hold a long charge) and already receive ~4 hrs. Imagine what I'll get on a "Balanced" mode or "Power Saver". Definitely purchase this battery. They even give you free return shipping if it is faulty or not to your liking. You can't go wrong!

The battery fits perfectly in my Dell Inspiron E1505. It snaps in, but it does have an extra rectangular piece that sticks out of the battery. Since the bump is slightly smaller than the "feet" on my laptop I never notice it, and aesthetics on the bottom of my computer are hardly worth buying a battery straight from dell at triple the price. I've only had it for a few days, but it's holding a charge and working great! At my balanced power settings it shows 3h. 40 min. at 100% capacity. (could be better?) So happy to be free from electric outlets!

Very pleased with my order and this product (for Dell Inspiron E1505). Seller provided prompt shipping - I ordered on Wednesday Nov. 4, and received on Friday Nov. 6. Product performs perfectly so far with no issues. Wrote seller before ordering and received a response within 48 hours (expected the response would have been sooner, but happy with the response). I would definitely do business with this seller in the future.

I got this battery for my Inspiron 6400 laptop. The first battery worked for 3 days and stopped charging. I returned it and got a second battery of the same type that charges at times, but ususally doesn't. I was happy with the seller's quick and uncomplicated return policy, but the specific product doesn't work on my laptop.

EXCELLENT! battery is a genuine Dell model (although made in china) and works 100% with my dell inspiron 6400....cant beat 50% off dell's price and its the second time i bought with this merchant, both times with no problems.. and oh, im in SoCal, but the battery arrived on friday after i ordered it on monday!"



Someone said the title is misleading and to trick ppl into thinking its not really genuine... well i inspected my battery it has all the Dell markings and serial numbers and only thing is its made in china unlike my original dell battery which was made in Japan. MOST IMPORTANTLY...its been almost two months since i bought this battery and it still holds charge a very long time (5+hours with wifi!)





PS: i've now added pics of the battery i bought from genuine adapter,model kd476. YOU decide if this is a knockoff or not.note that the product pic of the

battery on sale is DIFFERENT to the one i bought from the merchant! - Dell Inspiron Battery - Laptop Battery - Dell Laptop Battery - 9-cell'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information