Sunday 10 July 2011

Vista Compatible - usb controller, pc gamepad


Pros:

-Low Cost

-Has rumble

-Works with vista

-Plug in play but requires drivers installation for rumble to work but this is quick and painless.



Cons:

-Low Build Quality the buttons feel cheaply made the L2 And R2 triggers in particular.

-Short cord around 5ft if your only gonna use it at your desk its fine but not laid back on your bed or couch.

-Small I have pretty big hands so with grips this small it just isn't very comfortable for me



I would recommend you spend a few dollars more and get the Logitech Rumble pad 2 instead if you want a ps2 style controller. I have a Logitech dual action which i find alot better in a build quality and has larger grips so its more comfortable for me The only thing it lacks is force feedback and the Logitech rumble pad 2 is the exact same design but with rumble and a better d-pad. USB 2.0 Gamepad for PC (supports Vista)

L/R buttons are held in place by tiny plastic tabs, one of which broke off in transit so that the R1 button was broken before the package even arrived. However, I fitted the inside with a paper clip and it's worked well these past couple months. Upon purchasing I thought the numbered buttons might irritate me, but that isn't something you actually pay attention to during gameplay so I gave it a shot. Long story short, I am not bothered.



The controller itself doesn't feel too cheap and the response is pretty decent.





EDIT: So... there's this loose screw floating around on the inside. All the exterior screws are in place. I don't even know what happened.

This controller is really a good value. USB controllers are not cheap. I've shopped around online and in large electronic stores. I bought mine for some emulation on my PC. The controller is nothing amazing but it does the job just fine. I bought 2 of them and have had both for several months and they still work fine. Yes the cord is not incredibly long and the buttons are a little less refined than a standard PS2 controller but it's a lot cheaper and the functionality is the same. As far as durability, mine have held up great. Granted I've never dropped mine on a concrete floor or hurled it at the wall in frustration, but I'd imagine any abuse necessary to damage this controller could just as easily damage a more expensive one. If you need a good USB controller and don't want to shell out the big bucks then this is a good solution to your problem.

This controller basically looks and feels like a real PS2 controller (other than the color). The only differences I noticed being that the buttons are a little bit -sloppy- compared to the old PS2 controllers, and the D-pad/joysticks were not quite as accurate and sensitive as I remember. Of course I'm a decade older and perhaps the controller is perfect and my hands are -sloppy-. Overall I'm very please with the controller, it allowed me to play a ton of old emulated games I never thought I'd get a chance at. Anybody wanting a basic controller for PC that doesn't say Logitech on it, and doesn't want to pay the Logitech prices: this is a great alternative.

PS3: Overall its not bad but, there are some tiny issues I noticed. The buttons (D-pad included) are rather stiff. At times it feels like you have to push too hard. Another thing the top buttons (L1/2 R1/2) are reserved in game(R1 acts as R2 same with the Ls.)It can be switch in game depending on the game type Ex: Street fighter 4 it can be changed under options but, with say Final fantasy 13 you'll just have to adjust to the change.



PC:All is fine except I installed the drivers yet feel no rumble AT ALL...NOTHING -_-.

In some situations I can understand "you get what you pay for" but not with this. I'd shell out $2 MAX for this thing. Yeah sure it's easy to use and it works with Vista, but I can't say I liked it do to the fact that it BROKE in just ONE MONTH! During the short time that it was working I did enjoy it and it worked well, and yes I took great care of it so don't think I broke it. Here I'll give the story: I'm just sitting here playing Touhou (an extreamly fast paced computer game) when out of nowhere it just stops working. At first I thought "Maybe I pulled it out of the USB port" So I paused the game with the keybored control and guess what, it was in all the way. So I unplugged it and plugged it back it, still wouldn't work. Then I thought that maybe I had over worked it (if that's even possible) so I stopped my game play, unplugged it and put it away. I let it rest for about 24 hours and went to give it another shot, it still wouldn't work. So I went to my brother that's a major tech wiz and told him what happened, he gave it one look told me it was trashed and gave me one of his old ones. Well, I have a close friend that knows someone that would gladly take it apart and see what the problem was. Upon doing so I was told to be more careful with what I buy because this thing was a waste of money and poorly made. So yeah, don't waste your time, or your money - Inexpensive - Usb Controller - Pc Gamepad - Gamepad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Vista Compatible - usb controller, pc gamepad gamepad Vista Compatible - usb controller, pc gamepad