Tuesday 19 July 2011

Siding Nailer - siding nailer


I purchased the Freeman siding nailer to complete the cement siding installation on my mother-in-laws home. I looked at other options but the next best thing was 379.00 siding nailer at Home Depot. Not wanting to hand nail or spend that much for a nailer I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. Power, depth control, weight and overall comfort were spot on. I will use more of Freeman tools in the future. The only change I would suggest is adding a carrying case for us guy's that only use occasionally. Freeman 2-1/2 -Inch Coil Siding Nailer

I would like to say this gun has operated without a single misfire.. After roughly 2000 nails.. the main issue is the depth adjustment does not work so i had to turn down my air pressure, and there are exposed screw ends right where you hand will grip and I have been caught a few times but I wear gloves so no cuts but just annoyed.



I would say this has worked as great as my Bostitch coil gun but I needed one with a smaller nail head for siding and fencing and this worked great!! minus the annoyances with the gun.

I have used guns that are double this price and never again will I spend that kind of money, when this one is perfect and quality! I have used it three times already, once to side a whole house, once to put up 600' of cedar fence and another time to partially side a garage. Never jammed one time because of the gun malfunctioning. once in a while because the nail coil I put in was bent up, but that has nothing to do with the gun. It works great and i'm buying another one right now.



Thank you Freeman for making a quality tool at a more affordable price!

I bought this nail gun about a month ago have put about 1000 nails through it putting up cedar lap siding. It works great, 1 or 2 jams but only takes a minute or so to un jam. Light weight and is doing a great job for the price. The only complaint I have , and it's not really a compliant, is that to turn the exhust you need a allen wench, some of the more expensive models are tool less to turn the exhust. Other than that I would highly recommend it to anyone. great value.

First of all, I cannot figure out how these guys are making any money selling this gun for this price. The quality is way above what the price would suggest. I had never heard of these guys so I called the 888 number and a PERSON answered. She put me thru to a salesman and we talked about their product lines, company history, future plans, and warranty. I must have wasted 15 minutes of this guy's time but I was satisfied and I ordered it right up. I shot a few thousand 2.5" nails thru advantec and into yellow pine trusses without fuss. Maybe only 5-10 missfires. As good as any big name I have ever used. I tell all who will listen about this company and I will look to them for future needs of other guns as well. Do not hesitate because of the lack of exposure to this name.

The coil nailer arrived quickly with the air fitting installed. I loaded up 1 3/4 ring shank nails and worked three days on a ceder fence. No problems and I used over 3000 nails. Great little nail gun.

I used this gun to put hardboard siding on a house. It miss fired a few times but is easy to fix. I had several double fires, but started bumping the gun instead of pulling the trigger. The main problem is that it did not want to sink the 2 3/8 nails all the way into the siding when going in to 2x4's. It worked well going into osb. The door of the nails also popped open about 5 times. I should be able to address issues within the 7 year warranty period.

I bought this based on the other reviews. I'm currently using it for hardie board. I first used it for the 7/16 OSB plywood (waferboard)that went on first. Lots of double firing with the plywood, but no misfires. The trigger seemed very sensitive, I had to get used to it. Of course it may be the nails I'm using. Now, with the hardie board, It has misfired twice, and I've used about 3 or 4 nail rolls so far, and only double fired a couple of times, so no big issue there. As one reviewer said, there does seem to be a small issue with the depth adjustment. I have to adjust it fairly often. Otherwise, a GREAT gun with no complaints. I've nailed about 27 4x8 sheets of hardie board in the last 2 days, and I'm very happy with the guns performance. I'd highly recommend it. - Siding Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Siding Nailer - siding nailer siding nailer Siding Nailer - siding nailer