Saturday 30 July 2011

Remote Controls - canon, time-lapse


It's a shame that camera makers like Canon and Nikon don't just bake this kind of functionality right into these new DSLR camera bodies so that they can sell you their over-priced accessories. It's fortunate that these aftermarket solutions are around to help fill the void left in the DSLRs! Canon doesn't even make (that I could find) a remote shutter release for their rebel products that also can do a timed trigger. I've found ones that let you do BULB exposures and wireless remotes. But neither will do a programmable timer based trigger ideal for doing timelapses, etc..

Buy this. Totally worth it. A few minutes and you'll have it all figured out. You can program in a delay (how long to wait before starting the program-ideal for setting up something that you want to start shooting a few hours before you go to sleep!), how long for each exposure (in BULB mode), how frequent to shoot a frame, and how many pictures to shoot in the sequence. This is the only downside. It can only do 399 exposures unless you leave it unselected and then it will just keep going on perpetually until you run out of battery or memory! Overall exceptional value. Timer Remote Control RS-60E3 For Canon XS XSi T1i XT XTi

Works well as an intervalometer, I've let it run overnight with my camera for time-lapse photography and it works great. Easy to configure and use. Build quality overall seems good, however there was a problem with the one I received. The shutter button will not stay in the locked position. After pressing the shutter and pushing it forward to lock it, it pops right back out. Can not get that feature to work. It works well for operating the shutter, and works well for focusing on a half-press, but it just will not lock. So if I wanted to set the shutter speed to bulb, I'd have to hold the button for the whole exposure without letting it go. Not a big deal for me, as I own the Canon RS-60 E3 if I need that feature. I bought this just for doing time-lapse, and it works well for that purpose.

Since Canon didn't make a timer-Remote for the T1i I had to find an aftermaket item.



I found this one and love it. I use it for taking night Sky images (astrophotography) and would cerrtainly recommend it to anyone.



Rick

Every amateur photographer is going to wish they had a remote shutter release at some point. This one combines a remote release and a photo timer for long exposures all into one extremely handy unit.



The LCD display has a nice backlight which will come in handy when taking long bulb exposures of the night sky, and the timer function can control Delay, Long exposure time, and Time Interval between shots, and number of timed shots.



The build quality seems to be very good, maybe not up to "Pro" grade, but still very good. Uses 2 AAA batteries for its power source, which is nice since you can find them almost anywhere. There is no power switch, but the batteries should last for YEARS in this application, since all they do is power the LCD display and timer. You can remove them if you like for storage, but I see no need. The cord could be just a foot or 2 longer, but it's still adequately long for most uses. There is also a bi-color LED that shows green for metering and autofocus, and red for shutter release... a nice feature. This timer is a bit large, and eats up a good bit of room in my camera bag pocket, but then again, that same vice makes it feel very good in the hand as well. Can't have your cake and eat it too.



This is a very versatile piece of kit that everyone should have in their camera bag!

This is an excellent product for anyone looking to take time lapse photos. Feels kind of cheap, but it also doesn't seem like it needs to feel any higher quality for the kind of work it does. It is very simple to use. The only major con is that the instruction manual it comes with was very poorly translated into English. I figured out how to work it on my own before I opened the manual, but looking through the manual I realized I did the right thing by figuring it out by trial and error instead. It is very simple though, as there isn't much to it. Overall, I give it 5 stars because considering you can pay upwards of $200 on something like this, $17 is an incredible price!



I use the remote with my Canon T2i, and here is an example of what I've gotten out of it: []

I bought this timer remote so I can perform time lapses and long exposure shots. The build quality is decent and the screen is easily readable. There is no off switch but you can either take out the batteries or leave the thing on (so far the batteries I've first put in have lasted 6 months). The screen also lights up for easy viewing in dark environments. I have left my camera on for 30 hours to do a time lapse and the timer remote did not fail on me. It's definitely not a name brand but it costs about 1/10 price of a Canon remote so I can live with that. - Time-lapse - Canon - Camera Remote - Timer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Remote Controls - canon, time-lapse camera remote Remote Controls - canon, time-lapse