Saturday 30 July 2011

Memory - pro duo, 8gb


I ordered this from [...] through Amazon for my SONY HDR CX100, worrying if it will provide enough speed for the 1080i HD. When I received the card, it actually has the MARK2 on it which means it is certified for the full HD 1080i!! (The Amazon product image does not have MARK2 on it)

I put it into the CX100 and it has not any problem in recording at HD FH (16M). For this price much lower than SONY's own card, you can't go wrong with it. Lexar Platinum II 8 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Flash Memory Card LMSPD8GBBSBNA

I purchased the Lexar 8 GB Pro Stick Duo for my first-gen PSP, upgrading from a 1 GB Sony stick that I bought the year before. I paid the same price for both, which gives you an idea of what kind of price range you can expect from Sony to Lexar. I was just out today at an electronics store and saw 8 GB from Sandisk at nearly triple the price.



The Lexar Pro Stick Duo works precisely as you'd expect and want and there are no problems with it. It is a Magic Gate stick which supposedly means it transfers data faster; when I copied over my gig of data from the old stick to this new one it transferred in about two minutes.



Overall this is a great price for a stick with a lot of space, especially for a PSP. To give you an idea of how much space you might need, so far I've purchased Final Fantasy VII and VIII from the Playstation Network, which on the PSOne covered 7 discs, and it takes up around 3.5 GB. Most other PSOne games available for purchase run around 300-500 MB at a maximum, and many PSP games for download run under a gig. If you pick and choose the right games you could fit around 10 downloaded full games on this stick.

I recently bought this for my sony cybershot camera because we were going to Hawaii and I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of room for pics. We took over 1500 pictures at the highest quality and a couple hours of video and still had plenty of room! Great card.

I bought this memory card so that I could download more games for my PSP, which came with a 1GB card, and it offers the storage I need. It seems to load my saves fairly quickly, but whenever I write to it or save my games, it takes much longer than my Sony 1GB stick did. Not sure if the Sony 8GB card would have been better, but I'm happy with the storage capacity and can live with slow saves. Best budget memory solution for PSP owners.

I mean, not sure how to rate a memory card. I popped that little beezy in and it worked. Simple, easy, and data transfer was pretty quick. I upgraded from a 1gb card to a 8gb card. I was constantly having to take a game off and put one on, which was a hassle, but this big daddy can support the family that which is known as my psp collection. Its a win.



Gave it 5 stars. Nothing is wrong with it. Only had it a month... so we'll see how its long term life is.

I like this product, it works well with my Camera. The only thing I was hoping for and got a bit disapppointed with is that the speed of saving or accessing pictures did not increase from the normal SD card I was previously using.

Even with necessary space reserved for important data, the total contents of this memory card never total up to more than 7.55 GB or so. Obviously not a dealbreaker to most people, and it is still the more HD-capable Mark 2 model, but it is something to remain aware of. It remains a very good value compared to others of similar capactiy. - Psp - Memory Stick - 8gb - Pro Duo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information