Saturday 30 July 2011

Motorola Droid - charger, cell phone charger


This charger did not work for my motorola droid. I searched the part number on the internet and it is supposed to be compatible. I don't know if the product is defective, or if the part is mislabeled, but it does not charge my droid phone. Even though my order clearly is for item SPN5334A, the part that actually came is labeled SPN5528A. I will contact the seller for a replacement, though the cost of shipping means it is not worth even sending the product back. If you search for the part number I received, you'll notice that it's for other motorola phones, not the droid. Use a different seller. Very disappointed. The shipping was slow also. Motorola Droid X MB810 Droid 2 A955 Atrix 4G MB860 DEFY MB525 Droid Pro XT610 A957 BRAVO MB520 Cliq MB200 DROID 2 Global Barrage V860 MILESTONE XT720 OEM Cell Phone Micro USB Travel / Home Wall AC Charger SPN5334A/SPN5334 / SPN5528A / SPN5528

I tried several off-brand chargers with my Droid. Some don't charge the Droid and some make the touchscreen impossible to use. This is the only charger I found that charges the Droid and allows the touchscreen to work while it is plugged in.

I bought two of these as backup work chargers for our Droids. The ones we received do charge the Droid fine, though at about half the rate of the OEM wall charger that Motorola included with the Droid. Going from 25% to 100% takes about 4 hours, versus about 2 with the OEM charger.



A couple things struck me about the charger compared to the OEM model. The cable is very thin, though longer, which is nice for out of reach plugs. The build quality is mediocore, and definitely below that of the OEM charger.



My conclusion is the chargers work and are a good value compared with buying from the Verizon store. If you are looking for a quicker charge, it probably is worth getting the OEM model that came with your Droid. But for a backup charger it's hard to beat the value on this offering.



One other suggestion. If you already have a Motorola mini USB charger for an older phone, you can simply buy the OEM mini to micro adapter (about a 2" cable) sold by Amazon. Works for both wall and home chargers.

I don't know how it would work on someone else's Motorola Droid and not mine... but I couldn't get any charge at all from it. My Droid is new, I bought it just a few weeks ago. The cable is a nice length, I wish it would have worked for my Droid.

I got this to replace the 3' USB AC cable that came with my Motorola Cliq and what more is there to say than it works well. It's nice to have more freedom to move around. I've purchased 3 for other products as well.

I ordered 2 chargers back in April (its December now) because I travel quite a bit for work. One of them stopped charging about 2-3 weeks ago. I've contacted the seller but no resolution to date. :-(

The cord is very light weight, but is also very long. I use it when I travel so I don't have to disassemble my cord out of my charging station. I love the long cord feature because it lets me lay in bed and charge at the same time. Sometime the outlet is not close to the hotel night stand and you have to leave the phone on the floor. Risking leaving it by accident. There is no insulation on the wire, so bending it over and over can hurt the wire. Be careful and it will last.

Bought this from eForCity and the shipping was fast via DHL to USPS and it arrived brand new and under $6. It doesn't charge that fast but the outlet stays out of the way since it's sideways and it was a genuine Motorola. Very good product.

This charger works great - It was so cheap compared to the price at the phone company store I was afraid it would be a cheap knock-off, however it is the real thing and I am recommending it to anyone who needs a charger. - Cell Phone Charger - A855 - Motorola - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Motorola Droid - charger, cell phone charger charger Motorola Droid - charger, cell phone charger