Friday 22 July 2011

Pilates Mat - yoga accessories, mat


Since I am 5'11", I LOVED that this mat was extra long. I can finally fit all the way on the mat and not be hanging off of one end! I know many people said it was smelly or slippery, but I did not have that problem. I followed the instructions (unroll the mat and let it air out, then wipe it down) and didn't have any smell or "slippage." I really do like this mat. I can see how some do not like the thickness, but I think that is all in what you prefer (I like the extra cushion it provides). Yoga Mat 1/4"x72" Extra Thick 14 Colors Non-Toxic PER Phthalate Free Clean PVC (TM) by Bean Products - Heart Red

I ordered 10 of these mats to supply a new yoga class I'm teaching.



On the whole, they are perfectly reasonable mats for occasional use. They had a mild rubber smell, which wore off quickly. They provide a good degree of padding and reasonable slip resistance. Certainly doesn't compete with a higher end jade or manduka mat, but this is a great price point for something that doesn't have any big problems.



The extra length is a big bonus for taller practitioners and surprising to find at this price.



They provide a little more padding/springiness than I might recommend for an intermediate or advanced practitioner. If you practice frequently, it is probably worth splurging on something more specialized.



If you tend to sweat heavily and/or practice in a hot room, you'll probably need a towel or a practice rug to throw on top of it.

I really love my mats (yes, I have more than 1) and recommend my friends to purchase this one. Good long length, bright happy colors,and you cannot beat the price...why spent a large chunk of change on something that either you get bored with using, gouge out tiny holes with your toenails as you transition from up-dog to down-dog, and with something that after a certain amount of time, you just got to replace for germs, dirt, sweat, and everyday crud? I like that I got good quality, variety colors, thick, long yoga mats that (for the price) cannot be beat!

This mat sucks. Thick sure, but it has no stickyness to it. I don't even do hot yoga, but it is warm in the room and I was sliding ALL over it. I had to put towels down. Also, it's thickness is weird. It kind of molds to your hands and feet so when you try to reposition, you sink back into where you were. This mat is cheap for a reason. Beware.

This mat is very cushy and I never feel uncomfortable. It's also a great color. However, my palms sweat a lot and I slip quite a bit. I followed the instructions and washed it before using it, but it didn't make a difference. I know that continued use is supposed to make it better, but it is slippery to the point that it was unusable. I kept sliding and falling over, and I eventually just had to buy a mat-sized yoga towel to put on top of it so I wouldn't get hurt. However, I may as well have just bought a more expensive mat in the first place instead of first paying $18 for the mat and then paying another $22 for the towel. Honestly, if you don't have sweaty hands/feet, then just go with a $5 mat. This one isn't any better. If you do sweat, invest in a more expensive mat.

This yoga mat is very good.I am happy to buy this one.

Initially gives some latex smell,but it goes after certain usage.

Had to pay less for such a wonderful yoga mat.The thickness is appropriate too:)Recommended!!!

I bought this mat based on the price; I have been looking for an affordable mat for ages. Unfortunately, I now have to pay for two mats because this one is terrible. Insanely slippery, and we're talking for basic stretches and poses -- downward-facing dog is near impossible. I've tried it three times and have never been hot or sweaty or anything to cause a slick surface. I literally cannot hold myself in the most basic positions. No grip or traction to speak of. Save yourself the headache and the expense of two mats -- put your dollars toward something of better quality.

I love the colors, but honestly, this product is useless as a yoga mat. I slipped all over the place and had to borrow a mat from the front desk at my yoga studio just so I could get through class. I tried it with my thin sticky mat on top and it's fine, but what a pain!

I bought this mat based on the reviews I read on Amazon. However, I'm pretty disappointed in the quality, especially for the price.



On this mat, I slip substantially more than when I use the mats where I do yoga. Also, my toenails have gouged the back of the mat, which did not happen when at the gym.



If you're committed to your practice, do make the investment in a better quality mat, even if it costs more. Otherwise, a cheaper mat (i.e. a five dollar one at the dollar/discount store) will accomplish everything that this mat will. - Mat - Pilates Mat - Yoga Mat - Yoga Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pilates Mat - yoga accessories, mat mat Pilates Mat - yoga accessories, mat