Friday 1 July 2011

Home Exercise - core, birth ball


This short ball workout works not only your core but also your lower and upper body using fun unique moves. I am an intermediate/advanced exerciser and my abs are so sore it hurts to laugh. The included ball is good quality not thin like other balls I have used. Keep in mind it takes about 3 days to reach full size. You will need to pump it up and let the rubber relax before continuing to add air. I really enjoyed this workout and the time flew by. The Firm Stability Ball 65cm

I got this workout, loving the FIRM workouts, but wanting something a tad easier then the weighted workouts...something for variety. I got it and figured I'd play a bit on the ball, it'd be fun. Well, Allie isn't playing. She really incorporates a lot of moves and works various body parts in this short 30 minute workout. And I felt it in my core all day long. This workout will stay in my routine, and while it's not as easy as I thought, it was still fun.

The ball that comes in the kit seems pretty sturdy (thick outer shell, should hold up well). I ordered the 65cm (because I already have a good quality 55cm FitBall), but it seems small to me - it isn't any bigger than my FitBall to be honest. I note another poster said it took over three days for her ball to relax enough to fill it to full size, so maybe that is the problem (although I got this on a Friday and it is now Sunday...). The workout starts with alot of lunges, which I absolutely detest (I don't mind squats, but Iunges bother my knees, even though I do use proper form). Once you get past the lunges, the rest of the workout seems pretty good. The music was kind of bland and boring - something livelier would have been nice.

I had actually been in a toning class previous to ordering this ball, so I knew how to use this ball to increase my workouts. I ordered my boyfriend each one, and use it on a regular basis, along with occasionally using it for a computer chair (great for improving posture). There is a size recommendation standard for it, 55cm, 65cm, 75cm. I didn't realize that. Since I'm 5'2 that I was supposed to get the 55cm, but instead got the 65cm. It still works great! In fact, I can't really tell the difference between the 55cm ball from my class to the 65cm ball at home.



Very good quality, I have two kids (8yrs and 4yrs) that are constantly bouncing around on it. I pumped it up when I first got it, and just like the directions said, 48 hrs later I pumped it up some more after the rubber relaxed. It comes with a little hand pump that easily pumps it up, it took me about 5 minutes and you actually get a small workout pumping for the 5 minutes. You don't have to wait 48 hrs to use it, you can pump it up and use it right away. I've only had to pump it up a little that one time (I like my exercise balls extremely firm) My dad even does his stretches on it, to release tension.



The video that comes with it is kind of cheesy, but I think it would be great for beginners. It doesn't make me break a sweat, but I have read from other reviewers that they have, so it is a good thirty minute workout. Definitely worth the money, not a disappointment at all.

Amazing invention- really! I started with this and the dvd and fell in love with this piece of equipment. Besides getting into shape, I've moved onto other, more challenging stability workouts (Pilates, cardio and weight training), used it as a chair for several months, used it for lower-back pain relief and stress reduction not to mention random other uses around the house. I've inflated/deflated it countless times (it's great at taking a lot of pressure and keeping it even after weeks), used it for yoga therapy w/ a friend, and after almost 4 years, it finally gave up the ghost, but only after I dropped a 5 lb weight on it when it was deflated. It made a dent on the inner material that eventually turned into a hole. It was getting pretty beat up. I've ordered another one exactly like it...I cannot live without it and I look forward to more years of heavy use from this durable ball. Oh and BTW, I bought another one from a different maker, have used others from different makers and I hate them all. There really is no replacement for this. If used diligently and creatively it can just about replace any piece of gym equipment (except for weights) imaginable. Enjoy!

I ordered this ball to use as a chair in my office occasionally. I liked the color so I decided to pay a little more and get this one. The pump that comes with it works fine and I was able to pump it up without much of a problem although it does take a while. I was disappointed that the ball was not the shiny green color it looks like in the picture, it is actually a pearlescent paler green but still not bad. Originally the ball blew up to only 50cm, but it does indicate that the ball will grow over the first few days. Basically over the course of the next week, by sitting on it and stretching it I was able to get it to about 60cm but it was still smaller than advertised and way to small to use as a chair for a person who is 5'8.

The product is just as described. The video is a bit limited if you want variety, but I bought the product mostly for the ball and the video was just an addition to my collection. The ball is good quality, stays inflated more than I expected.

I love using the fitness ball! I needed to get ready for vacation, and everyone knows that when you work all day, have to make dinner and then do laundry and clean the house, its really hard to get to the gym! The fitness ball broght the gym to me!!! It hit EVERY area that I needed it to, and when I was done with the included video, I felt like a million bucks Every Time!

I have a few of the older Firm dvds, so I knew the one that came in this kit would be great, and it is! However, the ball is too small to do some of the exercises properly. I'm 5'3" and ordered the 55cm ball as recommended, but I'm returning it to get the 65cm. The moves using the ball in your hands are fine, but when you have to lay on the ball, it's just too small and you're too close to the ground to get an effective range of motion. - Body Ball - Birth Ball - Core - Stability Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Home Exercise - core, birth ball stability ball Home Exercise - core, birth ball