Tuesday 14 June 2011

Universal Remote - remote controls, tv remote


For the price, this is a very neat remote. It controls up to 3 devices and normally, it should be easy to set up. In my case, it took a long time to set up the TV because it wasn't in the automatic programming for my brand, or in the manual code entry for my brand. I had to use the automatic setup for *all* codes, which means pressing the channel up button for 30 mins (missed the code twice and couldn't go back). For my digital tuner, I inserted the code from the chart manually and it worked right away. Now I have one remote for both devices. Then again, we're not used to having a remote so we still get up =) When we do use it, it works like a charm. Philips SRP1003/27 Universal 3 In 1 Remote Control for TV and DVD

I tried every code in the book (and then some) and this simply does not work for my Philips DVD-714 player. It *almost* works: The closest I can get is total functionality of power, play, pause, fwd, rev, stop, ok, and directional buttons, but the menu button doesn't work. Which means I have to sit through every preview and commercial on every DVD (there is no menu button on the player itself). Other codes let the menu function work and nothing else.



I'm giving it two stars instead of one, because it does work perfectly for my Sharp TV and Motorola DVR. But the DVD player was the reason I bought this remote in the first place (and the reason I chose a Philips brand remote to replace the missing one) so I'm pretty ticked that it doesn't work.

I ordered this remote for an older 24 inch flat panel Phillips TV I had laying around. The best part about this remote for me was that it is ready to use directly out of the box for Phillips TVs. All I had to do was put in 2 AAA batteries and I was all set. I couldn't have asked for an easier setup. I would definitely recomend this for someone who has a Phillips TV and can't find the remote/has a broken remote.

I purchased this remote to operate my cable/DVR box. Nearly all functions work properly on my Cox-Motorola DVR/Cable converter box. However, I am not able to activate the list of recorded programs. I tried every code related to Cox and Motorola and every button on the remote to no avail. A chat conversation with Philips customer support was of no help either. The next universal remote I get will have at least one programmable button.

I tried every code in the pamplet and not a one worked to operate my DAEWOO DVD player, save your money and do not buy this piece of junk. I had to rate this item with at least one star for it to go forward, but my rating would be no rating at all.

Bought this because the tv remote for our Sceptre quit working. We had trouble getting other remotes to work with that tv. This one: we put in the code and everything worked immediately. KUDOS! My wife likes the look and feel of it too, especially since our pets haven't chewed off the buttons yet...

Works great with my Samsung television. The only button that doesn't work is the "last" button to scroll back through the menu, but that didn't work with my $20 universal remote either. You can't beat the price on this remote. No frills, works well. Unless you must use a million functions for your digital receive, get this. - Remote - Remote Controls - Remote Control - Tv Remote'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information