Tuesday 14 June 2011

Fitness - ipod accessories, nike plus


Really ingenious way to use the Nike+ sensor without paying extra for the Nike+ shoes. Straps onto the laces on top of shoe. Easy to take out if want to use the shoe for something other than running or walking - like walking on the beach, or playing basketball, etc. Taking the sensor out will hopefully extend battery life, which is the major complaint with the Nike+ sensor. I also got great service from the Marketplace vendor used by Amazon; fast delivery and actually cheaper to go through Amazon than to go directly to the vendor's website. The silicon pouch so far appears to be sturdy, flexible and very practical. Silicone Skin Pouch For Nike+ iPod and Nike Plus Nike+ SportBand - Compatible with all Shoes, Orange

I've used the sensor pouch/case for months now & its perfect! I've run thru rain-storms & puddles & it hasn't even so much as gotten wet because of the secure, rubber case; I love that it doesn't shake or make noise, I don't feel it at all. The sensor slide in easily, like putting a button on, and other than when I initially put it on, I haven't had to touch it. This should be sold with every Nike sensor!

I've been unable to get the Nike+ sensor to work correctly with this pouch. Apparently, the Nike+ sensor was designed to be positioned parallel to the ground and in about the middle of the shoe (with the red side facing up). When I initially tried to use this pouch, the sensor was on a slight angle (as one would expect) which was enough to cause the distance measurements to very inaccurate - even beyond the point where calibration would help. In the end, I ended up taking a Dremel to the sole of my shoe and made a nice comfy home for the sensor. Now my distance results are usually within ±5% of each mile.

This holds the Nike iPod sensor snuggly and I don't have to worry about it falling out, even if I'm trail running. I recommend this product if you're not willing to buy the special Nikes that have the space in the sole for the sensor. Only drawback is I feel a little nerdy with this purple silicone pouch attached to my left shoe, but it can be a good conversation starter :) - Nike Plus - Nike - Fitness - Ipod Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information