Tuesday 14 June 2011

Protection - kindle 3, kindle 3 covers


This is a very simple product and provides a good alternative to using a folio type case that holds the Kindle while reading. I have the lighted case which I love but I bought this as an additional case to carry my Kindle around and be able to read it naked when I feel like it. Here's what makes this case (or sleeve) 5 star worthy:



*Extremely light - almost too light to believe, this case weighs just over 3 ounces.

*Interior Tricot lining that feels smooth and will not scratch your Kindle.

*Great snug fit, with no extra space thereby preventing the kindle from moving around inside it.

*Velcro closing will keep your sleeve closed if it's in your backpack or suitcase or any place it might move around.

*Easy to remove and put back in case with no fuss.

*Feels like it provides good protection without being bulky - I would say enough padding to avoid scratches from minor bumps and falls. I would be comfortable tossing this in my car boot, backpack, or suitcase. This case like most others will not sustain major impact or weight on it.

*Good quality nylon that will work great for everyday use, will clean easily, and will last a long time.

*Cool looking, in a very minimalist sort of way (I bought the black/black/black)- Simple and functional.



Overall this is a fun, simple and functional case for Kindle nudists (those that like to read their Kindle naked). I dig this one and I highly recommend it. Timbuk2 Nylon Kindle Envelope Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Gunmetal/White/Robin

I'm not going to lie. I've been a huge Timbuk2 fan for years. If you're already familiar with their products, don't bother reading this. Pick the color you like and buy it. It's every bit as good as their other products.



The padding is better than adequate, without feeling overstuffed or rigid. The ballistic nylon and stitching are the same quality you'd find on any of their messenger or laptop bags (which is to say, nearly flawless), and there's more than enough velcro to keep the flap shut. Inside, the material is kind of like a velvety dust cloth, which actually seems to attract dust that's accumulated on the screen.



As for the fit, it's perfect. There's no shifting or wobbling here, and you can safely toss this in your laptop bag without worry. It's extremely light, too.



If you don't have your heart set on a folio, this is perfect.

I have several other Timbuk2 products, and this has the same high quality materials and build as the others. I have seen the Kindle 2 version of this sleeve, and this is different in a few ways. As you can see from some of the pictures, the body now has three velcro tabs to fasten the flap closed, while the previous version only had two. This doesn't seem like a big deal because I doubt the old model had problems staying closed.



The more significant improvement is that they switched the position of the velcro materials. You know how with velcro, there are the soft, fuzzier loops that attach to the stiff plastic hooks? On the Kindle 2 sleeve, the stiff hooks were on the flap, so they would brush against your fingers when you pull out the Kindle. This was irritating. Now the soft loops are on the flap, so it feels much nicer. It's cool that Timbuk2 recognized this minor error and corrected it.

This certainly seems to provide excellent protection, and is reasonably attractive.



But I am thinking of returning it for two reasons:



1. The velcro fasteners are EXTREMELY loud. There are three large pieces of very strong velcro. Opening this case in bed would almost certainly waken a sleeping spouse. Also, I like to have the kindle on hand if my child falls asleep in the car so that I have something to do while he naps, but I am afraid that opening this case would wake him.



2. The fold-over flap makes the case twice as bulky. It's fine for a big shoulder bag or backpack, but I was hoping for something that wouldn't take up too much room in a purse.



This is one of the few options yet available for the new Kindle and it is a decent price, but I think I'd rather pay to ship it back and wait for something better to come along.

There are limited choices available in a sleeve type case right now, so I ordered this based upon the great reviews of a previous model. I was not disappointed. This case is unbelievably lightweight. Adds virtually no weight when carried in my handbag or briefcase. I carry a fairly small handbag, and I'm able to fit this case in my bag. I bought the white and black combo, and the back is solid black, which doesn't show in the photo. It's a very classy color combination and looks great with the red lining. The soft part of the velcro is on the flap, so it's kind to your knuckles when you pull out the kindle. The velcro is very secure, and yes, it's noisy when you open it. So plan ahead if you'll be reading in bed. Not a reason to skip this case. A reviewer of the previous model complained about accidentally waking up the kindle when putting it in the case. I have not had that problem, but inserting the kindle "upside down" avoids any potential issue if that's a concern. I'm really pleased with this purchase. - Kindle Sleeve - Kindle Covers - Kindle 3 - Kindle 3 Covers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


kindle covers Protection - kindle 3, kindle 3 covers