Tuesday 14 June 2011

Iphone 3g Cable Cord Retractable - iphone 3g, iphone


I bought two of these for my iPhone 3GS, one for the car and one for the office. Works great, no problems at all. And it's small enough to toss in my pocket. I've only had them a few weeks, but I use them heavily. Would definitely buy again. NEW Retractable Black USB Cable Cord for iPhone 3G 2ND

The cable I received is different than the one in the picture. Though they perform the same function... I really hate that.



The one I received has a slightly taller/wider profile iPhone adapter and the buttons that unlock it from the iPhone protrude the surface of the adapter (similar to the adapter & locking mechanism on the cable in the link below).



NEW FOR IPHONE 3G 2ND BLACK USB DATA CABLE WIRE CORD by Eforcity



The latter doesn't really matter to me because of the former, due to the fact that it's height/width won't fit through the case I have protecting my iPhone (an inCase Slider -- a very popular case, and I'm sure that the problem would persist with a number of other cases as well). This means that, although the prong of the adapter does reach the charging receptacle and does indeed charge the phone, the locking mechanism doesn't make it that far. As a result the cable can be knocked out with a simple tap of the cable.



With shipping, it would cost me double to get a replacement from the retailer, so I won't bother. I just won't do business with them again.





Side note:



-The cable in the picture looks like it would fit with the inCase Slider and other cases. If I pull off my case, the adapter sits flush with the iPhone and it locks, as designed.

-Cable is flat and very thin.

-Product overall feels very flimsy. Handle with care

I bought this because I wanted a very short USB to iPhone cord.



It works great with my iPhone 3G.



Unfortunately, after daily use over a few months, the plastic near each connector started to fall apart, exposing the wires within. If I turn my iPhone the wrong way, the connection fails completely.



But... for several months I got great use of this relatively cheap cord. because I really want a short cord (this is only a few inches long when coiled up), I might just buy 2-3 of these next time and just not be surprised that I need to replace it every few months.

Why did I ever buy a cable from Apple and spend so much $$$ ? I wish I'd seen these first. I bought two of them and they are great, no problems at all. I have one in my car and one on my desk. The retractable action is nice, to not have wire spread out all over the place.

I have been looking for a decent travel style retractable cable. It seems that Apple doesn't think its users need such items....Hence the opportunity for this 3rd party device.



Its small light weight and works as promised. Thus far no troubles with cable and at this low price I picked up 2-3 just in case it gets left behind.



I would agree with the other users that its a bit on the short side when fully extended...So its not really suitable to be used with the portable power plug provided with iPhones. Best to use it with your laptop and enjoy the fact that you can quickly pack it up and it takes a minimal amount of space.

I really like this! WAY cheaper than anything A**le would sell and works just as well. I take this one to work as a backup. The end that goes into the phone is a little tight, but overall I'm really happy with it for the price.

Because of the low price I picked up a handful of these charger cables for my iPhone. It's a bit short in length, which I think defeats the idea of it being retractable. After just two weeks, my iPhone began turning itself on and off while charging. The cable had apparently developed a short somewhere and I replaced it. Perhaps the other ones I purchased will last a bit longer than two weeks. Give it a try if you must, but have a spare in case it fails. - Iphone 3g - Iphone - Data Cables - Ipod Sync Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


iphone Iphone 3g Cable Cord Retractable - iphone 3g, iphone