Tuesday 14 June 2011

Computer Media - tdk, spindle


These TDK DVDs are always on sale (around $9 to $12), so the price enticed me to purchase and try them out.



I have an 8x DVD burner, so I was surprised when these TDK DVD+Rs burned at a maximum of only 4x, which is considerably slower. I've checked with an expert, and they've told me it's about the compatibility of the DVD media with the DVD drive being used. So obviously the TDK DVDs aren't compatible with all drives, and you may end up burning a disc at slow speeds like me. The surface of the discs have a grey color to it, which I like very much. Markers used to write on it really stand out, especially colored ones.



I have had no other problems with these discs. Everything I have burned onto them turned out great, with no errors or skipping of any kind. If it weren't for the slow burning speed, I would absolutely be a lifelong TDK user. Let's hope they produce better versions soon! TDK 16X DVD+R 50 Pack Spindle

this is one of the better DVD+R. for me using Nero & Toaster, my coaster percentage is ~5-10% after 50 burns. packaging is weak and, sometimes, it breaks in transit, giving you some scratched DVDs. though this is a random thing and a transportation thing, not the DVD per se.

I bought these DVD+Rs when they were $10.99/50 + Free super Saver...They are very durable, havent burned one coaster yet, and dont have half the top side covered with their name (like the verbatims and HP ones do; makes it hard to label when half the side has VERBATIM written on it.) Some people say tdk are low quality and have burning issues, but if you have a DVD recorder that isnt more than 5 years old, you should have no issues whatsoever. Memorex, which seem to make a good dvd+r as well, are about 3/4 as thick as these are it feels..which means the tdks are thicker and more durable. Although i havent had a dvd i burned using one of these for more than 2 months, i have a good feeling my data and videos will be safe for years to come. Best Deal on Amazon...Search for the TDK 100pk DVD+Rs, its going for $22.99 + Free Shipping.

These disks are, without question the worst disks I've ever used. I have almost a zero failure rate with any other brand, but these disks have nearly a 100% failure rate. Out of the 32 disks I've used only 1 was able to complete. It is during the closing out process that suddenly it can't be read. Avoid these things at all cost. The small savings is not really saving you anything.

I've been using TDK blank dvds for a long time now and never had any of the issues that people are talking about. The only time I ever have any coasters is if I do a whole bunch of other stuff while I'm trying to burn my media. It also might help some folks to have adequate hardware in their pc system/build. I've used dvdfab, convertxtodvd, ashampoo burning studio, imgburn, poweriso, and Windows Disc Burning, and I never have any problems with these discs. Honestly. They also play in a wide variety of media players. the only issues I've ever had with blank dvds were a Staples brand. I can't argue with other people's negative feedback, to each their own. It's your money and your choice, but I'll stick with what saves me money lol. I don't have problems with TDK. - Spindle - Dvd Media - Blank Dvd Media - Tdk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information