Thursday 16 June 2011

Snowblower - snow blower, snowjoe


We live in the Midwest, and I grew tired of our snow blower that would never start. I purchased this wonderful snow thrower, and I couldn't be happier! So easy to assemble, so easy to start, just plug it in. The box mentions it is good for small spaces, but I just did our triple width driveway and my mom's double-width, double-length driveway, and couldn't be more pleased! It is quiet, throws the snow wonderfully, scrapes down to the bottom, and the cord, well, just think of the sensation of vacuuming the snow. I put the cord over my should like vacuuming and it worked like a charm. I purchased a Coleman 100-foot extention cord that was bright yellow, and that made it easier to visualize in the snow and allowed me to go to the end of the driveways with ease. Tangles? No, again remember, it feels like vacuuming the snow--a cord attached to your appliance. Can't say enough good things about this wonderful, LIGHTWEIGHT, product. NO COMPLAINTS, NO PROBLEMS, NO HESITATION IN RECOMMENDING THIS WONDERFUL, DEPENDABLE HELPER. Snow Joe 322P 12-Inch 7.5 Amp Electric Snow Thrower

It works very well on small driveways and walkways. A plus is the weight (12.5lbs) which makes it perfect for steps. A cord is required; 50 foot extension cord should do the trick. I picked this snowblower at my local Ace Hardware and store owner said they sold many units with no complaints.

The Snow Joe 12-Inch 6.6 Amp Electric Snow Thrower #322 is only good in 4in of light, powdery snow. With anything else, this thing is darn near useless. Even if there isn't a lot of snow and you're trying to clear a path in a small driveway or on the side walk, if the snow is too heavy, the Snow Joe barely budges or it doesn't dig deep. You have to go over the snow with several passes to even see the ground and I'm talking about only a few inches of snow. I had to eventually put this product aside and start using my shovel again. I don't like having to reshovel what this product is supposed to be plowing through. Yeah, it makes a lot of noise but that's about all it does.

I purchased the Snow Joe because I thought it would be a time and back saver but it turned out to be clumsy and ineffective.

This is a fantastic item that should be in everyone's home (where it snows). The machine works as an addition to your gas powered blower. You can't exactly use the gas snow thrower on your stairs or your patio without having the neighbors help lift the thing. It's great for snowfall less than six inches and to clear your walks. Two thumbs up to the SnowJoe people and Amazon for finding such a clever item. Happy Holidays!

I noticed after the second used that one of the blades is already broke. (about a 2" piece is missing from one of the blades. That's what you get for something that spins at high speeds and is made from plastic.



Can I get a replacement blade????

I had a similar product (Toro Power Shovel), but the SnowJoe is an improvement. It has a longer,curved handle which makes it easier to use. It handles 4-5 inches of light snow easily, and deeper snow if you make several passes while lifting the thrower. The only drawback was assembly. Getting the cord properly placed inside of the housing was a little difficult and I am pretty handy at that sort of thing.

I got this blower because I wanted something I could handle on my own, something the kids could use and something electric that wouldn't be such a pain to haul out every time we had a little snowfall. This fits the bill. We just had about 6 inches of snow and it's 0 degrees this morning. I was afraid after sitting all night there would be a big crust on the snow that the blower couldn't handle, but it did great! Now, my husband did accidentally hit some big rocks which knocked some chunks out of the blade, so be careful if you don't know what's under the snow. You don't want to just shove the thing into some stationary object. (The blades can be purchased separately for $20.) It would be nice if it were angled so you could just push it in front of you, but I just used it like a broom and swept side to side. Obviously, that's how it's meant to be used, hence the big handle in the middle. (Duh.) I did at times just push it down the sidewalk, blowing the snow right in front and it handled the extra just fine. I can't speak to how it will perform in heavy, sloppy snow or how it will hold up over time, but for the price it's a winner!

I was a little disappointed in this. It does blow the snow nicely, but it is awkward to hold and clears a very narrow pathway. Also, it blows the snow forward, so you have to be careful about how you go about cleaning your paths or you'll blow snow into areas you've already cleaned. It also kept unplugging on me, even when the cord was not pulled tightly. It does a decent job, but it's really almost just as easy to shovel.

Heavy and difficult to push, only good for a few inches of dry snow. It did throw 4 inches of wet snow but I had to lift it. I might as well use a shovel since I have to lift it up. Easy to assemble. - Snow Blower - Snowjoe - Electric Snow Thrower - Snowblower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Snowblower - snow blower, snowjoe snow blower Snowblower - snow blower, snowjoe