Thursday 16 June 2011

Not Worth The Money - not worth the money, sentry


Sentry Full-Size Wireless Headphones 2 pk. - HO-802 These 2 pair are fantastic at a great price. Bought these for the frequency response 20 to 20, lowest and highest end of hearing media range recognition. Have older ones that needed replacing. Have tried other very expensive ones with higher transmitting frequencies and had too much static and poor results as in not receiving at all. That's what you get in a high volume area (Lots of people with gadgets with similar frequencies). These use lower frequencies like my old ones that never give me any problems. The big BASS is there with these unlike my old ones. I can move around all of my place with no signal loss, perfect reception. *** Did I mention that these are so comfortable, not too loose or too tight. Sentry HO802 Wireless Headphones - 2 Pack

I bought this item around 1 month ago and for the most part, it's a decent purchase. The main use is for my wife and myself to watch TV at night when the child is asleep (room is adjacent to ours). This lets us watch at a reasonable volume without disturbing the child. For this purpose, the set overall works well but does have a few issues.



1) Product has a pretty good fit over the ears but I do get fatigue after around 45 min. of use.

2) The buttons/battery chamber seem flimsily made. I can see losing that battery cover as it seems that it's barely fastened on.

3) Interference. I sit around 8 feet from the transmitter and get occassional buzzing. Usually moving the angle of the headphones on my head or the level of my head (from laying to sitting in bed) will fix it...but it can be a bit annoying.



All in all, the set does the job and I can't complain too much considering the price for dual headsets. The buzzing can be annoying but a quick adjustment usually quells it.

I now have purchased 5 of these (1 for living room, 1 for porch, 1 for vacation house, 2 for my daughter). I've tried varous brands, and settled on these.



The sounds quality is excellent. Setup is just a matter of plugging the transmitter into a wall socket, and the jacks into the back of the TV. The headsets needs 2 AAA batteries. That takes 5 minutes and you're up and running.



You can use it with the TV set normally (if you don't hear as well as others), or with the TV muted (if others are doing something else and don't want to hear it).



Pluses:

- Very good sound quality

- Sound quality is better than TV or speakers -- and good for hearing speech or music

- No static

- Comfortable over-ears style

- Headsets can be used two rooms away

- 2 headsets (good if you have 2 people)

- Excellent price for 2 headsets

- Easy TV connection

- Can pick up other transmitters



Minuses:

- Would prefer rechargable (probably not possible for the price)

- Battery compartment a litle cheap - broke one, but it still works

I bought these for the TV in our playroom. We were having constant battles with the kids turning it up too loud. Problem now solved! The sound range is great. The kids can take a bathroom break or even go out in the yard and still listen to their shows. We did have one side of the headphones break and we were able to glue and tape it back together. We use rechargeable batteries as the kids usually set them down and forget to turn them off. The door covers for the batteries are hard to keep on and the foam padding around one set came off and we were able to put it back on. Overall, inexpensive solution.

We have a dog who gets the shakes when listening to certain TV sporting events that have whistles; primarily basketball and football. So we got this product to listen to games without freaking poor Zoe out. It's been great! The sound quality is very good. Headphone comfort is decent, but I tend to take them off for commercials. The "on ear" controls are intuitive and we quickly learned how to manipulate them without taking the headphones off (basically on, off, volume). We have not experienced any interference, though we use wireless modem for web surfing while using this. So we'd have to say we are very happy with this product. Good value, solid performance. Note: I'm a musician, with good sensitive ears, but not what I'd call an audiophile when it comes to TV. I'm listening to football games on TV and NOT thinking "Geez, these headphones don't deliver 100-250 hz lows very well at all!" It's TV, people. If you feel compelled to EQ TV sound, these are probably not for you.

I have used these for over a month now and I have had no problems other than the occasional feedback/white noise. For the price I can't complain. I bought these so I could hear/watch TV in my extremely noisy home. These were the perfect solution. I can watch TV anytime of the day without having to pause and tell others to be quiet. Love it! - Worth The Money - Not Worth The Money - 2 Pack - Sentry'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information