Monday 9 May 2011

Xoom Screen Protector - screen protectors, xoom


I was a little nervous to order this item when I read the neutral review. However, I am quite pleased with the product. The cutouts that don't make sense are for hardware under the screen. I believe they are the light sensors for the camera. Tilt the Xoom at an angle in light and you will see the dots that it is not covering. Go ahead and cover them and see what happens. When I first put the screen protector on I was disappointed with how it appeared at first. It had streaks and bubbles that I could not get out. The instructions clearly state that they will disappear in 2 to 3 days. Next morning to my surprise they are all gone and it looks slick. I am ordering Skinomi Techskin for all of my electronics.



I do agree with using more than less of the solution. It will take longer for it to cure but it definitely makes it easier for getting it aligned. Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Motorola XOOM

On my first install attempt, I tried to follow the provided instructions to the letter and apply a "FINE EVEN" (yes they put it in all caps) layer of solution to the skin. This approach resulted in numerous air bubbles, similar to T Cao, in the skin even after a couple of days of drying. I was very disappointed after spending almost 20 dollars for a skin that only gives you one sheet. Faced with the choice of going "naked," or shelling out another 20 bucks, I decided to watch the youtube video and try to peel up the skin and try again. On the video they use a generous amount of solution and smooth out the bubbles one half at a time. Luckily for me this approach worked perfect with no adhesive issues. Now the skin looks great! Whew!

I have to disagree with the negative review posted yesterday complaining about this "wet sticky" skin. I've kept a skinomi shield on my blackberry for over a year and can't imagine not having one on my xoom. The "wet sticky" process of applying the shield prevents the formation of bubbles, which is not only less annoying, but substantially prolongs the life of the screen protector. It's sized to fit, doesn't bubble, doesn't peel off around the edges and is thicker than most screen protectors. This shield is well worth the money.

Not sure why this is getting 'not-so-good reviews'. Is definitely a great product. Just show patience. Although I understand why it is so difficult to get on. If you think phone protectors are hard to put on, something 5 times the size is much more difficult. That being said, Skinomi makes it a very forgiving process. You spray the protector, and then place it on. Then wipe out as many bubbles as you can. Keep in mind though, it took over a week for all of the bubbles in mine to disappear. I even had trouble applying it (peeling it off a couple times). Once you get it on, leave it overnight and use the next day! It will look streaky and bubbly for a bit, but in a week, it will look and feel perfect! Will definitely keep using Skinomi protectors!!!

I read all of the directions and I had trouble getting things lined up but I carefully got it in place(a hair off but still in place).



I had half of the screen with air bubbles and half looked great, I used a soft cloth with the card to smooth out as much as I could but I thought that it was very bad, I couldn't use it that well.



The next day things were a little better but not much and that was when I decided to reposition the cover(big mistake) I pulled it off and got it set back on and it was centered a little better, still had some air bubbles but about the same as before I pulled it off.



For the next couple of days I used the card to push out the air bubbles and now it has been 6 days and it looks great, there are a few grooves where I pressed too hard with the card, and the "big mistake" I did by pulling off the protector introduced 2 pieces of dust. They are not bad but that is my fault.



I'll be getting another one soon and this time I will not remove it once I get it installed so I don't have any dust on it but for now my screen is protected and while using it you can't tell that there is anything on the screen. Even sitting on the table looking at it you can't tell unless you look at the top or bottom where it doesn't exactly line up.



If you install this and you think that it looks really bad, or like crap, wait, it will get better.

Everything was going good, but the plastic application card put scratches all over the screen (just like the other 1 star review). Now I am left with a screen protector with tons of scratches and out of $19. If that card left those, how can it really protect against other things? Their return policy sucks because you must buy it from there site in order to qualify for a refund. I don't want a replacement if this scratches so easily and will be staying away from anything they put out. Hell, the cheap protector I have on my phone doesn't scratch at all but this does? If you do buy this I would recommend putting a piece of paper in between the protector and the card to prevent this from happening. - Xoom - Screen Protectors - Skinomi - Touch Screen Stylus'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Xoom Screen Protector - screen protectors, xoom screen protectors Xoom Screen Protector - screen protectors, xoom