Monday 9 May 2011

Natural Foods - clean eating, natural foods


The food it this book is really good. It uses easily accesible food and easy techniques, and tells you want is good about the ingredents. However, the recipies are more like 15 min active time. Some are from start to finish 15 minutes, but most are 15 minutes prep and then baking. Also the nutritional information for the recipe is pretty useless because it will say: serves 4 to 6 and then gives a calorie count such as 200 calories per serving, so I am not sure if that is for a quarter or a sixth of the dish, also the ingredent list with have use ground beef, turkey, or veggie crumbles so you aren't sure which one of those the nutritional information used.

I have tried several of the recipes and enjoyed everything so far with plans to try more. It is a worthwhile book and I definetly recomend it! The 150 Healthiest 15-Minute Recipes on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about How to Make the Most Deliciously Nutritious Meals at Home in Just Minutes a Day

Jonny Bowden, PhD, is one of the leading, cutting edge nutrition experts in the field. Not your standard, by the book nutritionist, Bowden has real science as well as common sense to back his recommendations.

This book is the logical companion to his "150 Healthiest Foods on Earth" and incorporates many of those foods in practical, easy to make recipes that will improve your health and performance.

If you don't have all night to slave in the kitchen, Jonny Bowden and Jeannette Bessinger have the guidebook for you. "Healthiest 15-Minute Recipes" is filled with delectable, efficient recipes to make mouth-watering meals (if the meals are as good as the pictures) using chicken, seafood, stir-fry and one pot cooking. Kitchen prep and speedy shopping help the process. Following the books guidelines should reset your compass for getting the most in both flavor and health benefits in the least amount of time. Our favorite: the rosemary, apple-poached chicken and barley.

I have tried several of these recipes and they are quick and great tasting. As I browse through it, I find so many of the healthy foods I like to eat incorporated into these recipes which are hard to find any place else. It's a great book...

I'm a little biased here since I worship Jonny Bowden! I have all his books and this was the latest one that I bought. I loved his first cook book and I thought this one was perfect for a busy mom like me. There are so many recipes in this book that it'll take forever to try all of them. I've probably tried 10 of them, and they are all real easy, healthy and delicious!!! The recipes are not those healthy but bad tasting crap. They are surprisingly delicious!! I highly recommend this book.

Written by nutritionist Jonny Bowden and whole foods cook Jeannette Bessinger, this cookbook features quick, healthy recipes that don't use processed foods. It includes recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as snacks and desserts, plus a meatless section for vegetarian recipes.



The one recipe I've tried so far, Tilapia With Lemony Tomatoes, was great (I substituted olive oil for the macadamia nut oil, and minced garlic from a jar instead of fresh garlic because those are what I had on hand). There are many more recipes I will try from this cookbook including Jalapeno Cornbread Chili, Black Bean Salad, fajitas, and Honey Drumsticks With Cayenne. For the most part, the ingredients seem to be those that can be found in regular grocery stores or if not, could be easily substituted.



Some of the things I like about this cookbook are the color photos, nutritional tips and food facts scattered throughout, and that some of the recipes are intentionally doubled so that half can be frozen for another meal. Mostly I like that the recipes really are quick and easy while being healthy and full of flavor.



I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher but the opinion of it is my own and was not solicited nor was a positive review required.

For Christmas, I gave my queen of picky eaters daughter your 150 Healthiest 15-Minute Recipes on Earth. Two weeks ago she decided to open it and try one recipe. Last night she called to report this to me and share her family's responses - includes three children (10,8,6). Every night they try a new recipe and everynight everyone loves it - challenging husband, too! She is amazed that her children are eating such a variety of healthy recipes. She is also amazed at how much she loves them. For her, this cook book is an answered prayer. You can imagine how thrilled I am with their enthusiastic results. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I absolutely hate cooking, but I love a good meal as does the rest of my family. I ordered this book as a last resort when I realized my family was eating instant food several times a week for dinner. I know this is unhealthy because I have digestion issues and they get worse when I eat like this. I literally have about 15-30minutes to prepare a meal so this is perfect. I must admit though that it takes me more like 20-30 minutes for these granted I am probably terrible at chopping, locating the ingredients I bought, etc. The largest section in this book says "prep to plate in 15 minutes," you're good at cooking, this is probably an accurate time frame. The 2nd section is "25 Tasty 15 min Prep and (Almost) Forget it Meals," so a little longer cook time. The 3rd section is "25 healthiest quick snacks" which i haven't tried yet, but they look yummy. Anyway, I am a total advocate for this book having a child jumping at my heels while I cook, but at least she gets something yummy and good for her when I'm done. Tip for disorganized time-limited people like me: pick your recipe and make your grocery list the night before, pick he stuff up on the way home the next day, cook it for dinner! Good luck!

I love this book! The recipes are super healthy, easy, fast and delicious! I love the Chocolate Cherry Milkshake on page 232 - you can make it with or without the cherries and it is creamy and delicious either way. (I added ice cubes because I like it super frosty and I didn't freeze the banana.) I also made and enjoyed the salmon patties on page 80 - yum! This recipe book rocks! - Healthy Eating - Clean Eating - Health - Natural Foods'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Natural Foods - clean eating, natural foods health Natural Foods - clean eating, natural foods