Monday 9 May 2011

Radio Flyer Scooter - scooter, first scooter


I did a lot of research on scooters before purchasing this on for my newly three year old. She wanted a scooter very much, so that she could be just like her 11 year old big sister. The problem was stability; most scooters either have two wheels (one in front, one in back) or three wheels (with TWO in back). Even with two in back, the scooters tend to wobble and tip. Not a good thing for a young rider.



Radio Flyer (of course!) solved the problem beautifully. They put the two wheels in front and gave the scooter a much wider base. The result is that this scooter is incredibly strong, stable, and safer than the competition. It comes fully assembled, and my young one was riding around on our back deck in a matter of moments.



This pink version is perfect for our little princess. And I can already tell, she is going to spend the summer chasing her big sister around the neighborhood. Luckily, big sister is okay with that! Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter Pink

We bought this for our 4 year old last Christmas. She loves to goof off on it around the house. But will not ride it the full block, much less to the park. It does not roll or turn as easily as she would like. (By contrast, she flies on her bike.)



Probably great for 2 or 3 year old beginners. Decent stability in that regard. But we're not impressed for the 4 to 5 year old set.

My daughter is turning 3 in a couple of weeks and wants a scooter for her birthday. I was looking for a sturdy, 3 year old safe, girly scooter. I found this one and have read so many good reviews about it. We tried it out at Walmart and it is awesome. Very cute and sturdy and she loved it. It's in hiding until her birthday.



FYI - I was baffled by the range in sticker price for the toy. I have seen prices from $29-$69 for this scooter. I bought a pink scooter at Walmart for $29.84. It took 3 Walmarts but I found one just today. Happy scooting!

This scooter is great for younger beginner riders. My daughter tried another friends scooter with no luck - just too wobbly (it had two rear wheels, but a narrower place to stand). We got this one which has a very wide base and two FRONT wheels which seems to give it much more stability. The box said for ages two - five years old, and I was a little hesitant, but my daughter who will be 2-1/2 next week was riding within the hour. It isn't agile and swift, but seems great as a beginner scooter.

My daughter got this scooter for her 3rd birthday and she loves it! The great thing about it is that it has a large platform for my daughter to put both of her feet as she learns to push off and ride. It appears to be durable too. It is also very cute and lightweight to carry around. Great scooter! I recommend it!

My daughter got this scooter for her second birthday. And while I was concerned she might be a little young for it - she surprised us! She had the general idea about how to work it but needed some help. We'd put her on it and push it around (now almost a year later she can do it herself!).



The pros...its pink - it folds up so small that we can stick it on a shelf - and it doesn't tip over like some of the other models we've seen.



The con...it only holds up to 50 pounds. And while that is a good weight limit for the kids...the parents cannot show them how to use it properly...my Dad was trying to play with my daughter and was fooling around with it and almost broke it. Definitely not for grandpa's but works well for little kids!

My little one was nearly 3 when we bought this for her. She had to pump and pump but it does not glide. It is not designed to, I don't think. The kids don't really get to learn how to ride a scooter with this model because it really doesn't move except for when they're pumping it. Wasn't fun for her - just frustrating. She's now nearly 4 and we just donated it because she didn't use it. :(

We bought this scooter for our daughter's 2nd birthday. She absolutely loves it and has a great time chasing after her big brother on it. The only thing I do not like about it is that there is no turning radius (the reason I gave it 4 stars). It is really only good for riding up and down the sidewalk - my daughter has to get off of it and turn it around herself to get it to go another direction. She doesn't seem terribly bothered by it at this point but I am sure she will at some point. Other than that, I think it is a great product and would highly recommend it.

All my daughter wanted for christmas was a pink scooter and we got her this one. She LOVES it - it is very solid and is great for a toddler. I love that it has the double front wheels for stability. Excellent product! - First Scooter - Toddler Scooter - Scooter - Toddler Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information