Tuesday 3 May 2011

Seidio


I've owned many case protectors in my days. Seidio cases the majority of the times, because they are the best I have found yet due to material feel, fitment, minimal bulkiness, etc. My past Seidio experiences have been great but have only been on brick style phones. I upgraded to a HTC EVO Sprint which is a slider. The Seidio materials, fitment, and minimal bulkiness are still present in their case for this phone. I could not be happier and will probably always look to Seidio for future phones.

That said, I feel that slider case designs have to compromise the phone's design. If you compare an HTC EVO innocase to a EVO Shift innocase you will see that they are both two parts but it is the way these connect that are different. The EVO innocase will slip together and encapsulate the whole phone. The EVO Shift innocase will cover the top section and the bottom section. The main attachment is done by small resistance tabs. I feel that slider cases are probably more prone to popping off if dropped or struck. I also think that these tabs may lose their "hold" if the case is installed/removed often. KEEP IN MIND this is not a Seidio specific issue...it would affect most slider cases.

This case may be used with the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard. Which is an excellent guard btw. Please note that the inner edges of the innocase may put pressure on the guard and may wrinkle up. This is not that big of a deal but I would expect that these parts made by Seidio to work flawlessly together. I remedied most of the wrinkles by removing some innocase material from under the edge. So I can not give 5 stars but I am really pleased and would recommend this.



*In case you were curious: Seidio is headquartered in Houston, TX USA. This innocase was made in China. The screen guard is made in Taiwan.* Seidio Innocase Surface Case for HTC EVO Shift 4G (Black)

I really should have read the other reviews before purchasing this case because the front part just does not stay on. In addition to the reviews for the product on Amazon I read several pages of similar reviews on the Android forums. However, it does appear that Seido realizes there is a problem with some of the cases and are working with individuals to return them. Most of the people who complained about having issues with the first case received a replacement which fit much better. I contacted Seido and I am hoping to be able to get a replacement as well which will solve my problems. If the replacement case works I will be sure to post an update.

I just had to return the case. The front piece doesn't work well at all. It kept popping out when sliding out the keyboard. Very annoying.

On the upside (why I gave it 2 stars), the quality and texture is nice. I owned another Seidio case for my previous phone. I love that one, but it's not a 2-pieces design.

Does not work. Difficult to cram onto bottom keyboard half, and then tiny tabs do not keep it on after shutting phone. To be clear, this is not some recurring problem, but NEVER stays on after closing phone. I understand that the design for sliding phones is more complex, but please note: 1.) A design that commonly does not work should not be released, and 2.) The HTC-branded design DOES work.

I was excited when I got it. It felt & looked great. The back part was easy to install & fit perfectly. With the slide open to install the front part of the case, it easily went on. Every single time when I closed the slide out keyboard the front part of the case would pop off. I tried for about an hour to get the case to stay on, then returned it. The front of the case latches on to the top & the bottom of the screen portion of the phone. It works fine until you close it & the latches come off. Just feels to me like they did not design it as well as they could have. If they had put the latches for the top part of the case on the sides as opposed to the top & bottom, I suspect it would have worked better. I returned it to Amazon the same day.

This case is a very nice case, very slim, and it keeps the phone small. However the front part of the case will fit on when the keyboard is open, but when you close your phone it will pop right back off. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

This case is nicely designed, it just didn't work too well for my particular phone I am guessing just due to how mine was manufactured. The back plate worked fine, but the top of the front plate would not. This was because my phone has little to no gap along the top side of the phone, I can slide a piece of paper doubled up along the other 3 sides but the top is so tight there isn't room for the clips once the phone is closed. I am going to try to find a case with the front clips along the side instead.

What a P.O.S. - the front section of the case doesn't even fit unless you plan to destroy your phone by prying the sliding section from the base so the case's tabs can engage an edge. And what is with that rectangular cut out on the top edge (I dunno maybe its the bottom edge) of front section of the case? W.T.F. is that suppose to fit?



SEIDIO sucked in this case's design - I mean did they even have an EVO Shift to model it from?'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Seidio Seidio Seidio