Wednesday 25 May 2011

Running - interval training, running


I am an organizer of a Running Meetup group called 12wksto5k. Based on the Coach25k program. The Gymboss Max was integrated into our workouts. It has become a staple in our Meetup. As we change our workout, week to week Gymboss Max comes along. The members of our group give it 2 thumbs up.

Myself I have been using it for the last 2 weeks since I received it and been very happy with expanding, versatile use the Gymboss Max has. The light in the unit is most beneficial when running early morning or at night. The vibration is a strong and steady. Every runner should include it their gear always.



Mitchell Ball Gymboss MAX BLACK SOFTCOAT

I'm a personal trainer who would be lost without my Gymboss. I've always used the original Gymboss until I tried this Gymboss Max. ***Here's what I like about this unit vs. the original: I like having my different intervals pre-set so that I don't have to go through "programming" my Gymboss while my client(s) wait for me to push buttons and HOPEFULLY get it correct the first time so I don't have to go through the programming twice. (although some clients appreciate the rest when I mess it up ;~) I like the quieter beeps compared to the original - when I'm training in the gym versus group training. I've trained my clients to use the Gymboss when they train on their own and it can get annoying to hear someone's loud beep somewhere in the gym - so the Max has the right "volume" to be functional without being annoying to others.

*** Here's what I wish this unit had: The buttons to program and "pull-up" one of your pre-set intervals have to be pushed pretty hard in order to work, which is both good and bad. Good because it keeps the unit from switching or starting a different interval if a button gets accidentally pressed, bad because it's almost as slow as the original when you're switching to a different interval. I don't know how they could correct this without having a covering for only the buttons that you use to program - which would add to the size/bulk of the unit. I wish this unit (the Max) had a button or setting so that I could have the old, loud beep also if I wanted it. Sometimes in my group fitness classes my people are begging to hear that beep - and they ARE listening for it. This new unit's (the Max) beep is barely audible in a group fitness class when the music is playing. I also wish that this unit were truly waterproof (I've lost 2 - one from sweat(?) and one because I went through a running hose - I still use that unit for the beeps even though I can't see anything on the display.) and that the clip was far stronger. I've broken 3 clips off from bumping into things. It's basically just the hinge part of the plastic that breaks. I also wish that I could program even more intervals because as a student of Tabata and other HIIT methods, I use many different intervals for various clients/programs/modalities. But that's just me.

All in all, this is a near perfect unit and if you're training without a Gymboss, you're greatly restricting yourself or your clients. Either this unit or the original Gymboss will greatly improve your training results - so don't wait.

I have been doing high intesity interval training (hiit)for the past couple years and have a torn and frayed notebook where I keep my different training programs. WELL NOT ANY MORE!!! This timer is awesome! I now save my timed routines in my GYMBOSS MAX.

I do tabata workouts and this was the perfect product. The battery life is incredible. I've used it for two months and did not have to change the battery. It also works for boxing workouts. Its a must have. - Running - Interval Training'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Running - interval training, running running Running - interval training, running