Wednesday 25 May 2011

Over-the-head Headphones - iphone, headset


I purchased this Philips headset because I wanted an over the ear option to make calls and listen to music on my new iPhone 4. This headphone is excellent! Many of the headsets will work with older iPhone models, but not necessarily the new 4 iOS. This headset features full, rich, stereo sound. Calls are heard without having to turn up the volume as with many other headset and other callers can hear me very clearly. I prefer over the ear models since I am not the biggest fan of earbuds with noise going directly into my ear. This headset allows me to make and receive calls and listen to music comfortably for long periods of time. The sound quality is better than a noise canceling headset I had used previously. The music is crystal clear and really sounds great! This headset features two soft padded inserts below the top overlay and soft padded ear cushions that sit comfortably on your ear without having to adjust them very much. They do extend a bit and the cord is long enough for you to set the phone down and listen without holding it. There is a remote control and microphone attached, but unlike most models, it is on the left side not the right. At first, this is hard to get used to, but after trying it, it feels more comfortable. You can see the remote out of the corner of your eye on the left side and your right hand can reach it in a comfortable position. The remote does control playback of music and you can answer calls and use voice control like the awful earbuds that come with iPhones, iPods and iPads, except this is much better. The buttons are responsive, but it does take a little getting used to the up and down sections for volume. The middle button is the multifunction for calls and voice control. I would have liked the remote buttons to be a bit larger and not so close together. I have a Scosche headset of in ear headphones that have an excellent remote control. The Philips headphones are smaller than you would expect and fold to be inserted in the handy carrying pouch that is included. This product exceed my expectations. If you are looking for a stereo headset that allows you to listen to music and take calls and voice control your iPhone, iPod or iPad, I highly recommend this headset! Great product for a great price! Philips SHH9506 Headset for iPhone with Remote and Mic

I don't know about you, but I hate ear buds! They just don't fit in my ears and are always slipping out. I usually listen to music while studying or writing papers. Having ear buds fall out just makes me mad. So, I was looking for a headset with iPhone remote and Mic. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Three things bother me about this headset.



First, they put the remote/mic on the opposite side of the headset opposed to the iPhone ear buds. Which took some time to get used to. The other issue is the headset gets tight over time on my ears. So, my ears can become tender. I think it takes an hour or so before I start feeling it, but for bigger heads, I think there is a comfort issue. Now, what is a big head? I don't know, but for me, there is a comfort issue. Lastly, I would like to have better raised indicators on the remote. Sometimes, I press the wrong button. I think they could do a better job with that.



Otherwise, the sound is great. Nice bass response and mids and highs are crystal clear. I have no complaints about the sound at all. I would recommend this to a friend.

I bought this headset for the iphone 3S so I can work hands free without the ear buds falling out. The earphone aspect is fine - very clear on music and sound but the mic does not work when I answer voice mail or when I am using the phone - my caller cannot hear me. I took it into the apple store to figure out why and the genius could not say why the mic does not work. we checked the phone with an apple ear bud set and it worked fine. So there is something wrong using the mic.

I've been looking for headphones like this for the past 5 years. I have small ear canals so earbuds have never worked for me. Every pair of earbuds I've had have been handed to someone as I've reverted to a standard headphone without a microphone. The joy of listening to music and then answering my phone and talking handsfree has been denied to me until now.



This headset has changed everything for me. I spend most of my day with this somewhat oversized headset on, listening to podcasts or audiobooks as I work. Because I listen to mostly spoken word, my need for a full range of tones is somewhat lessened.My main focus is to allow me to hear differences in inflection and accent. The headphones allow outside noise in, meaning I feel safe while crossing the street, but they have a good sound quality, meaning I can pick up small sounds and low tones with ease.



The microphone works quite well. It is rare for anyone to ask me if I am using a mic, and no one has asked the dreaded question "Am I on speakerphone?" The volume buttons work well during calls, and the only issue I've had is my own forgetfulness that people I'm talking to do not want to hear me play Bejeweled. Yay for mute buttons on computers!



For the price, I can not think of a better headset. - Headset - Iphone - Iphone Headset - Over-the-head Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information