Saturday 14 May 2011

Passenger Compartment Air Filters - air conditioning, air filter


this is one of the easiest things you can replace in your car. my honda civic at its regular oil change, the dealer informed me @ xxxxx miles you should replace the cabin air filter. when i asked how much, they told me it was going to be around $120. i refused recalling that i saw a very simple DIY on [...] and so my plan to save $100 dollars began.



you take out your glove compartment box, by squeezing the ends of the sides and move the glove box towards you and the cabin air filter box should be exposed. remove the cabin air filter from the car, take out the air filter and put in your new and clean wix filter you bought at amazon. now you simply put eveything back the way it was and you're done! simple enough right?



the quality of this filter imo is good, it feels like the OEM filter from honda. so far i have no problems. my last words for this review is to spray the filter with febreeeze or put dryer sheets around the filter (tight squeeze) so whenever you turn on your a/c it smells like a fresh scent. i put dryer sheets in mine so my car smells like fresh laundry when the a/c is on :) Wix 24815 Cabin Air Filter for select Acura/Honda models, Pack of 1

I'm embarrassed to say that I did not even know my Honda Civic had an air filter for the cabin. My BMW and Audi in the past had them, but I just assumed that the inexpensive Honda did not have anything. When I went to buy an engine air filter on Amazon, I thought it was a joke that they were pairing the item with a cabin air filter. Well, no joke, the Honda Civic has a cabin filter and it's hidden away in a little drawer tucked behind the glove box. It was very easy to replace, once I knew that it was in there. You just open your glove box, push in the sides a little bit so the stoppers will let it swing all the way down, and then you will see the black face of the drawer for the filter behind. It just slides right out, swap out the new filter for the dirty one, and slide it back in. The only thing to watch for is to make sure the arrows showing the flow of air are lined up together. The drawer in the Honda had the arrow for airflow pointing downward, so I made sure the arrow on the side of the air filter was also pointing downward when I installed it.



That's it. Ten minute job at most, even if you take time to explore around behind your glovebox.

I purchased my 2009 Honda Accord EX-L in March 2009 and drive it around Virginia every day; almost 40k miles in one year! Needless to say I like to invest in good parts and keep it well maintained. I was amazed at how much debris got into the OEM cabin air filter in just the first year. I had a 2002 Accord coupe before purchasing this vehcile and remember the cabin air filter being much harder to change. NOT the case with the 2009 Accord. In a matter of 2-3 minutes TOPS I had the old filter out and the new one installed. You basically just disconnect the side glove box connector, squeeze in the sides of the glvoe box and voila the glove box folds down. Pull out the filter box by pushing in the compression clips and out it comes. When I started my engine and turned on the AC I could immediately tell the difference in the better smell.



I am going to change this out at least once per year from now on. You save around $50 doing it yourself!

This is a direct fit for the oem caban air filter. Wix is a great company majoring in filtration. Remember the one arrow that comes on this filter is meaning the direction of airflow. Many other makes of vehicles will have two arrows one saying insert this end first and the other arrow saying something like insert with this arrow facing up. If this filter fits your vehicle the instruction process is not like my example but just the direction of airflow. If you have a question about the direction of airflow of your vehicle it is most likely going down. Also, it may also be labled on the compartment door for your filter itself, not the glovebox door.

This filter seems to be as good as the Honda item. The dealer wanted $65 to change it because "it is hard to get to and takes a bit of time". Har-de-har.



It takes about 2 minutes (or less) to replace (drop the glove box lid, pop out the filter-holder, replace the filter, pop the holder back in, put the glove-box lid back) and seems to do the job just fine.

Dealer wanted 75.00 to change this in-cabin filter. My car has 44k miles and the filter was so dirty it wasn't even funny. There is tutorial video on youtube that shows exactly how to replace it....VERY easy to do and done in less than 2 minutes. Fits any 8th generation Honda Civic.

Very high quality cabin air filter by Wix (who has a fine reputation for filters in general.)



It was a perfect fit in a 2008 Honda CR-V. It took longer to organize the stuff in the glove compartment than it did to change the filter ... maybe three minutes? Instructions are in a little piece of paper in the box. Be sure to fasten the ends of the filter to the tray (see how the old filter goes in before you remove it from the tray.)



Hard to believe the dealer wants about $100 labor for this and the engine air filter ... (oh - that one takes about five minutes!)

The air filter shipped fast and fit my 2007 V6 Accord perfectly. The install took less than a minute and I could tell a difference right away. The musty smell from the old filter was gone and if I took it to the dealer to do the same, they would have charge me 49.99. Talk about markup!

Wix Filters are a great alternative to Dealer items. Used this on a 2007 Acura TL with absolutely no issues, great value. Looked up a video on Youtube on how to replace and had it done in just a few minutes with simple tools, great savings from the dealer quote for such an easy job. - Air Filters - Air Filter - Air Conditioning - Passenger Compartment Air Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Passenger Compartment Air Filters - air conditioning, air filter passenger compartment air filter Passenger Compartment Air Filters - air conditioning, air filter