Wednesday 11 May 2011

Inkjet Printer Ink - canon, black


My first PG 40 lasted only 2 months, disappointing as cartridge cost was one of deciding factors in buying my Canon Pixma MP 170. $20 (Staples) was low compared to previous printer cartridge but not for two month usage. With next cartridge, I used "fast" print option and continued to use for 1-2 months after "low ink" message appeared, this one lasted 5-6 months, which is o.k. for cost. I then had one refilled at Cartridge World and it lasted only 45 days, tho I was doing somewhat more printing during that time period. Use "fast/draft" option,and ignore low print message,--- just print till it's out of ink ----and it will last much longer. I will probably buy from Amazon as cost is lower (providing you order $25 and get free S & H) and this is hard to find in my area. Canon PG-40 Black Ink Cartridge

I have used Canon printers for years. I recommend them to people for their low per-page costs...



Those that use THIS cartridge though, are an exception. This cartridge has an in-cartridge ink counter that tells me I'm out of ink way before I actually do run out of ink. Additionally, the counter cannot be reset, so there is no refill market on these forcing you to buy retail.

New cartridge had been received on time and well packed.

Printouts are in good quality.

1 Concern: overpriced.

I must add another concern: not much ink in it. Cratridge is emptied after 2 months of light usage.

A very good in supply is obtained at all times without leakage of ink or smudging of the paper or clogging of the printer. The reason it is not rated 5 stars is that the ink supply is utilized too rapidly and the expensive cartriges have to replaced too frequently.

Canon has made it almost impossible to use recycled ink cartridges. They are not alone. There should be a more economical and environmentally friendly alternative available for purchasing ink - not just the limited options imposed by a monopoly held by the manufacturer. Just think if you buy a car and could then only buy gasoline from the car manufacturer!

But...good lord the cartridges lasted maybe 100 pages tops before it gave out. May still be cheaper than owning a laser printer though. Ink dries very quickly and no smudges. Just wish they could put some more ink in it.

I can spend $100 on a new cartridge for my NEC laser printer, and get 2 years use out of it. OR, I can spend $25 on THIS cartridge for my Canon printer, and get two WEEKS out of it. Do the math. Canon ought to be ashamed of offering a product with so little actual output per dollar. Generally I LIKE Canon products a lot (e.g. their cameras) and so I am shocked at the short life of this cartridge.

I bought an MP470 printer on 9/4/08. I put in a full black ink cartridge (PG-40)and made no more than 30-35 copies on regular paper. It shows that it needs to be replaced. I called Canon and was told that the average number of pages would be 355 for one PG-40 cartridge. I thought the cartridge might be defective but the tech support person tells me that it would show an "error" on the printer if that was the case.



I will continue to use the cartridge until it totally runs out of ink but I am very unhappy with the number of pages I was able to print. - Ink - Canon - Printer - Black'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Inkjet Printer Ink - canon, black ink Inkjet Printer Ink - canon, black