Saturday 2 April 2011

Trouser Pressers - iron, irons


Have had the Pants Press for about a month now. It arrived well packaged, was very easy to assemble and works very well! I used the free-standing set-up but it also came with hardware to mount the unit to the wall. For a guy who likes to look neat and pressed, but hates to iron this is the way to go. Save money on drycleaning bills as well. Over time I believe this product will pay for itself! Give it a try, you'll love it! Corby 7700 Pants Press

This item has already more than paid for itself in my time and/or cleaning bills. In the morning, I can drop a pair of pants into the press and then set it for 15, 30, or 45 minutes. When they're done, I pull them out and they look like they've been professionally pressed. They only press the legs, so you won't get creases out of the seat of the pants, but that's hardly a concern with a pair of pants off of a suit.



It took me a few tries to understand how to lay the pants completely flat (I would have pressed-in wrinkles in the beginning b/c I didn't understand what was REALLY flat inside the press, and what just looked flat), but now it takes less than 30 seconds to get a pair of pants aligned properly and in place for pressing. My advice is to avoid having the pants legs too far towards the bottom of the press, and also to make sure that the material on the inner leg is flat, which you can tell by smoothing out the seams and pulling it tight towards the creases.



Great item and I would highly recommend.

The Corby 7700 is a very gentle pants press. It never reaches a high temperature and therefore it requires about 30 minutes to press my wool pants. It also doesn't get so hot that it will set a stain. I have installed mine onto my closet wall with the included mounting kit. It takes up much less "real estate" this way, and eliminates the cheap feeling plastc feet and also the jacket hanger, but as it's in my closet with my jackets that doesn't matter. The unit is made in England and seems well thought out and well constructed. A larger "cubby" for keys, wallet and change wouldn't have been amiss, but perhaps I cram too much stuff into my pockets. It's a very capable product at a reasonable price.

Received as advertised. I have used one of these Corby Press's (this is my third one in 20 years) daily. It work's quite well.



The only negative is that in 20 years, I have had two of these Corby Presses fail to work (I guess they wore out) and was forced to buy another one. It is unfortunate that the electronics that Corby uses do not have a better long term working life. The company should invest in better electronics.

The product works well enough, however I have been unable to find a way to get it repaired. I would be satisfied with parts but appearently replacement parts are also unavailable. I first contacted Jerdon at 1-800-223-3571 they are the USA distributers, no help. I then contacted the factory customer service in England, they also said there was no way they could get it repaired nor do they have access to parts. Too bad! I will never buy a Corby product again

I have used this same pant's presser for years. Then it finally "died," and

I have been looking for it in catalogs. Then, Eureka, I thought enough to look on Amazon.com and low and behold they carried it. I'll once again

have crisp pants without shelling out extra money to dry cleaners.

T. Powell, Florida

Works well on all dress pants. On Khakis which are thicker cotton it does not work that well. If you iron the Khakis normally then you can keep them pressed between washes. But all wool and nylon dress pants press very well.

Nice looking. Somewhat difficult to smooth out legs so as to not get wrinkles pressed in, expect that a little more practice will improve this. Would have liked a bit bigger storage tray and a place to place belt (hook for instance). - Pant Presser - Iron - Trouser Presser - Irons'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Trouser Pressers - iron, irons iron Trouser Pressers - iron, irons