Saturday 2 April 2011

Ipad 2 Case With Stand - ipad 2, ipad


I just bought my iPad 2 and since I didn't like the Apple magnetic case (lack of back protection), I looked on Amazon for a good leather case with back protection. A few of them stood out, but I decided to buy this one since it is made of Top Grain leather which is slimmer than Full grain leather.

- I received the case within 4 business days after ordering.

- It fits the ipad 2 perfectly and the build quality is excellent.

- It has a built in Magnet to turn on/off the ipad when you open and close the front cover (just like the Apple magnetic case).

- It can hold the iPad in 3 positions (Almost vertical - say 75 degrees, Almost horizontal - say 15 degrees, and completely horizontal) The last position is important since I believe some cases have flaps which do not fold all the way back so you can hold the iPad like a book for reading etc..



One downside though. It has a strong smell (maybe the leather glue used during manufacturing).. but I am hoping it'll disappear after a few days!



If you are looking for a full protection leather case which is not very bulky.. this is perfect! Pyrus Electronics (TM) Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 (latest generation) (Black) - New Version from the manufacturer

I ordered this case because I wanted full protection for my iPad (as opposed to the Smart Covers), but I didn't want to add a lot of bulk. Suffice it to say that I am more that satisfied with my purchase. I was expecting a potent leather smell based on other reviews, but I found it to smell no more strongly than a new pair of leather shoes. The quality of the stitching is top-notch, and I love the contrasting white thread. It accents nicely with my white iPad. The leather looks and feels amazing, striking that perfect balance between strong and supple. The alignment of the holes is quite good, but not perfect. The microphone is partially obstructed, but as far as I can tell it doesn't affect recording quality. Also the notches for the front camera and the home button are ever-so-slightly off center, but only by about a millimeter--certainly not a big deal. As has been said the magnet in the cover can turn off the device if it is opened fully and pressed to the back cover, but I think this feature is mostly just a gimmick anyway, so I'm not concerned about it. I've also noticed that when I just open the cover normally it doesn't reach back far enough to put the iPad to sleep, so in normal use I doubt this would be much of a problem. The case feels solid and sturdy, and makes the iPad feel more robust and substantial, but without adding a lot of bulk. The stand works just as you would expect it too, proving to be very functional and stable. The iPad slips inside easily, yet stays very firmly in place thanks to a leather flap which is tucked in under the iPad along the inner edge of the case. All in all I think this is a nearly perfect case if you want something that is sturdy, attractive, and functional. I highly recommend it!

I waited 3.5 hours in line to get my ipad at launch and have been looking and searching for a top quality case. I opted not to purchase the smart cover because it lacked backside protection. I was impressed with the auto on when the cover opened so I knew I needed a case that had this option. To bide my time I purchased a TPU case from eBay that offered rear protection but is lacked a cover. Daily i would check TUAW, MacWorld, and the other Apple blogs to see their case roundups and what was in the pipe from the case manufactures. What I saw were cases that did not showcase the look and feel of the new iPad. The cases I saw were too thin, (ZAGG) or were so bulky and protective, (Hard Candy) that it hid the beauty of the iPad. I wanted a blend of good protection, top quality materials and most of all a front cover/kickstand. Now to the point. The Yooboa top grain leather case has all of the features I needed, Thin, Front cover (magnets), and good looking, with out adding bulk to the thin profile. This case is well made, the headphone, dock and camera holes line up, they are not exact but they are close. I like the fact that the speaker access is not a cutout, but are tiny holes punched in the leather offering good protection to that corner area. The cover lines up nice, it is set slightly back from the bottom edge of about and 1/8''. when you flip the cover open the iPad turns on, when you flip the cove to the back and press it hard so it is flat it will turn off the iPad again. This is a minor issue for me since I hold the iPad with my index finger between the iPad and the cover. I hold my nook the same way. When you lock the cover into the rear retainer it holds the cover in position so you can type or watch a movie in the horizontal position. During my Search for a case I read on this site and other case review sites that the case came with a heavy chemical smell. This worried me but i went a head and ordered it any way. I will say there is a slight leather/glue smell. Very slight I have to touch my nose to the case to smell it. It sort of reminds me of the new car smell you get with a new car, and then fades after a week. The case is very tight fitting, and helps retain the svelte look and feel of the second generation iPad. The only places the ipad is exposed when the cover is closed are, the Dock area, the volume area, the off/on switch, the headphone and camera areas. the holes are shaped nice and leave enough room to access the controls and ports, while still protecting the iPad. I purchased a black ipad so I was torn between the brown or black leather. I went for the black leather. the black leather case is accented with white stitching. It is not a bright white, and goes well with the black leather. It has the same contrast you would find in high end sports car leather seats, it holds the leather together while adding a distinct level of style. The case is made from top gain leather so it is thiner than full grain leather. This adds to the softness of the case. In my opinion this type of leather ages well and will develop a patina, with minor scratches that will add to the classic look of this case. I wish Yooboa would make this style case for the nook, I'm hooked. - Ipad 2 - Ipad 2 Accessories - Ipad - Ipad 2 Apple'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipad 2 Case With Stand - ipad 2, ipad ipad Ipad 2 Case With Stand - ipad 2, ipad