Saturday 2 April 2011

Small Air Compressor - inflators, 12v air compressor


This is a perfect air pump. It inflates tires quickly and relatively quietly. The gage is very accurate. I checked it against a couple of others that I own so will rely on it from now on. It seems to be well made with no defects noted. I am looking forward to many years of use. I have been disappointed with others especially the ones that rely on a battery or 12V cigarette connection. They often blow fuses and knock out other things in the car. Never again. I would say buy with confidence. It only works with american type tire valves. It has an adapter for euopean valve stems but would not work on my bike. Bon-Aire i8000 Goodyear 120V Direct Drive Tire Inflator

Why I like this tire inflator:



1. It plugs into any 120 volt outlet. I have 12 volt inflators and they have their place, but cannot compare to this unit.



2. It's fast. I just inflated a wheelbarrow tire from 5 psi to 30 psi in about 45 seconds.



3. The pressure gauge is accurate. One of my 12 volt inflators is off by 10 psi (under).



4. The screw-on valve is not as bad as you would think. It will only bleed one or two psi off a normal tire while its removed.



5. The screw-on valve is far superior to the clamp-on type. I feel that more air is lost when unclamping. Also, the wheelbarrow valve stem was too short for a clamp-on.



6. It comes with numerous inflation adapters.



What I don't like:



1. I would prefer a ball-type valve rather than the screw-on.



2. It seems to struggle as it approaches 30 psi. I worry that it won't be able to handle the 70 psi required for my bicycle tires. Nowhere in the operator's manual or on the box does it give the maximum pressure rating. The pressure gauge goes up to 150 psi, but that's meaningless.



Overall I'm very pleased. It should do just fine with normal tire pressures up to 38 psi.

My old model Bon-Aire BA121L 120v gave up on me after only 2 seasons of light use so it was time to invest in another air inflator. I wanted one that was 120v as I was not comfortable with the pumps that run off your car charger. I've only used this a couple of times, but I can see that this is a much more solid inflator than my previous one.

When you turn it on it sounds solid, there are no moving parts so this should last longer than your conventional inflators, it's much quieter than my old pump and it pumps quicker too.

The only reason why I gave it 4 stars and not five was because it uses a screw on valve to pump tires on my cars. I personally like the snap on type of valve because it's easier and quicker, but I do find that with screw on valves it loses less air from the tires when you unscrew it.

Comes with a whole assortment of attachments, none which inflates the small tire. I screw the connector on, inflate to 35psi, and it's down to 20psi by the time finished unscrewing. This inflator needs some sort of extension so one can fill small low pressure tires (e.g., garden equipment). I've been to the hardware store, there is NOTHING that will connect these small fittings to normal tire inflation attachments. A search of the web shows none available. So, it's an inflator, but tires are not a priority.

I was looking for a nice portable tire inflator that screwed on the valve stem and had a 120 volt instead of the 12 volt connector. It has a nice long cord too. This tire inflator absolutely met my needs.

I tried a few others, but didn't like the quick connect because it's hard to connect & loses too much air when you disconnect.

I had looked on line for the perfect inflator that could be plugged in to an outlet. I have one front tire on my lawn tractor that deflates between mowing. The first two times I used it I couldn't have been happier. The third time when I turned on the switch it didn't make a sound. I thought it might be the outlet but it wasn't so the unit I purchased worked only twice before breaking down.

I was looking for a reliable QUIET tire pump that uses A/C and not the car battery outlet. This did the trick perfectly. If you do not need the air compressor to run tools than this is the way to go! Great compact little unit that is quiet and efficient! Will pump up my car tire in about 3 minutes!

I bought this for my husband to use when he needs to inflate something quickly. He loves it. It has become his go to piece for every job, big or small. The price is great, especially since it is about $10.00 cheaper then Northern Tool..with Free Shipping and NO sales tax.

This compressor is much better than I thought it would be. Shipping was right on time. We opened it

and immediately hooked it to our Lawn tractor ( John Deere ). The tire was almost flat and in about 5

seconds, it had the tire to where it should be. Great, great. We had one that was encased in plastic,

used it very little, probably once every 2 months and after the first year it totally went out on us.

Warranty had just gone out ( Black & Decker ). This is the best small compressor we have seen. Our

age - 74 & 78, so we have seen a lot & had quite a few in our lifetime. Amazon, you do things right.

Like others, I was tired of searching for a functioning air station whenever the pressure on my car tires may be a bit low. Although the only other air compressor I've owned was a compact battery operated unit that died many years ago, I'm impressed with this one thus far. It quickly inflated the tires of my bicycle from flat to over 60psi and the tires of my car from 25 to 30psi without much effort. It appears solidly built and I would expect it to last. Even though a little air loss may occur, I prefer the security of a screw on air chuck...simply over inflate by 1 or 2 psi and adjust accordingly with a tire gauge. It did what it's supposed to do without any surprises and at this price point, I think it's a good buy. - 12v Air Compressor - Inflators - Air Pump - Tire Inflator'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Small Air Compressor - inflators, 12v air compressor tire inflator Small Air Compressor - inflators, 12v air compressor