Saturday 2 April 2011

Enameled Cast Iron


I received it as a gift a few years ago. The caldero quickly became my "go to" pot. It makes perfect rice everytime. It heats evenly. I use it for frying or one pot meals. My friend helped me make suace from fresh tomatoes, and she fell in love with my caldero. She tried to "steal" it from me! I found this one on Amazon to give her for Christmas. I would suggest this for bridal shower/wedding, housewarming gift, or for anyone who enjoys cooking! Imusa Cast Aluminum Caldero 30 centimeter, 6.9 Quart, NSF Certified

I bought my first Imusa Caldero over a decade ago. It's one of the best and most useful (and frequently used) cooking tools I own. And I own everything from cast iron to All-Clad--each is valuable in its own way. Tonight I made marinara sauce for spaghetti and meatballs. Over the past month I've made everything in my Caldero from pot roast to chili to picadillo to chutney to...(you get the idea!) It's a great pot!

I have some very expensive cookware and those cast iron enamel coated dutch ovens, and they're great. Sometimes I need an extra pot when you have a number of things going on the stove. I ran across this pot when I was looking for a tamale steamer. I had never seen them before, and the price was right so I purchased. So far I've made my chicken & dumplings, hoppin' john, rice, red beans and goulash, all cooked to perfection. The pot is easy to clean up and the size is great for large amounts. The weight is nice, because it's easy to handle and clean. The only down side is that the handle on the lid is not oven safe, so it can't go from the stove to the oven. Still a great pot and worth the money.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Enameled Cast Iron Enameled Cast Iron Enameled Cast Iron