Monday 25 April 2011

Overpriced - sims3, expansion pack


I own every single Sims game, and had owned all of the Sim City series as well. With that said, let's move on to the review of EA's latest product, The Sims 3: World Adventures. I had high anticipation because I am used to the massive amounts of new things we got with the Sims 1 & Sims 2 expansions, which were offered at much lower costs. However, do not let this deter you. While you may not get a ton of new items, you do get adventure as promised. The pros:

1. You do get to travel, and there are goals when you do so. I didn't care for the way the Sims 2: Bon Voyage, didn't really give you a goal. It was go to a new place, relax, stay for a huge amount of time and leave. World Adventures gives you goals, while allowing you to visit various places if you would like. And in time you can buy a vacation home and spend more time there. You have to build up your "visa" to have stays longer than 3 days in each location, and you do this by completing adventures. I had a great time wandering around the maze like tombs, and avoiding torching myself.

2. There are indeed a few more items, and they have country themes. In the past few games we have really only had Asian oriented items; I love decorating the house with flaming chandeliers like the ones seen in the tombs.

3. I have not found all of the new social interactions, but so far there have been about three.

4. Basements! Yes you heard right, you can actually have basements to your house now; not only that but you can build "tombs" under your home.

5. A few new traits and music tastes.

6. Your sim, when they learn a new song, may come home singing- which I find very cute.



Cons:

1. As with any EA game that just came out, there are glitches. The first time I started up, my sim was no where to be found. The plumbob was deformed and I couldn't preform any actions. I uninstalled it, the problem still remained. So I uninstalled the base game; that fixed that problem. Then I couldn't get skills or buy skill books. This was apparently a conflict between the new patch (that is required it seems.) and game mods and some custom content. I removed by mods and custom content; now the game runs like a charm.

2. The loading time is much longer than with The Sims 3 base game. I have plenty of memory, a new graphics card and plenty of RAM. I am above the required specs with everything, but only slightly. If you are working with the bare minimums or just a little above, it may run a little slower.

3. I have noticed (it may be my computer) that some of the graphics are not as clear, such as a blurry pixelation of my sims eye sockets.

4. Still no memories.

5. Some of the new features have been hard for me to find, such as the collection for photographs (which is a nice new bonus).

6. Toddlers & pregnant women cannot travel. I assume this is because it would be unsafe for them to be caught on fire, but it still stinks leaving them home.

7. Some people have been having a lot more problems, such as the game not loading, codes not working and games not saving. I have personally not had any of these problems.



I will update this as I continue to play; but so far the adventures have made getting the game worth it. I really enjoy having the goals and feeling like I'm achieving something for my sim. The Sims 3: World Adventures

I just came online after angrily quitting the Sims 3: World Adventures. When I first bought the game it was a nice change to be able to go to different parts of the Sim world. It was a welcomed change. However, that was before I discovered all the glitches and bugs this expansion pack introduced to my Sims 3 game. I deeply regret buying it.



A few things that have gone wrong since I installed it:



- If a Sim has been in an area too long (ie Egypt) that sim will out of nowhere have a family located in that area. My sim girl was in Egypt a lot because the mummies and tombs were fun to me. After a while I looked at the family tree and she's somehow already married to an old man and they have a kid together? What the?! I can't break up the marriage so she can't marry anyone ever. (See Picture I Uploaded)



- My sim guy "went steady" with a girl from China. When he got home, the girl disappeared so now my guy can't marry anyone because it still shows that he's in a relationship with this girl. I can't reach her by phone or go to China because she vanished.



- There is a car stuck outside my sim's homes and I can't do Move Objects On to remove it.



- If my Sim asks a foreign sim (from China for example) to get married, the game glitches so that they marry but the Chinese sim doesn't move in. I can keep marrying them but they never move in, it just glitches and sends them flying around the house.



- Lastly, the glitch that made me upset the most is that I was in Egypt exploring tombs when all of a sudden the game glitches and nothing, I mean NOTHING, is clickable anymore. I can't use my cell to get out of there, I can't make my sim walk anywhere because not even the floors are clickable. I just said forget it and quit the game.



These glitches have ruined the game for me. It was a big mistake trying out the game with my favorite family. Now they're all messed up and I cant do anything to fix it. This expansion pack was MAJOR FAIL. I advise you NOT to get it and only do so when *everything* is fixed. Save your money until then! The game itself is pretty fun if you're looking to trying new things and introduce new challenges for you and your sim but like I said, it's better to wait until its problems are fixed.



Update 7/14/10: Might I add that since writing this review I've had to restart a new game from scratch 3 times. I'm not sure if it was because I uninstalled World Adventures, or because the Sims 3 game is so full of glitches that crash the game itself but the game won't load up on my laptop anymore. I'm left with two "games" I regret spending money on. - Sims3 - Sims - Pc Game - Expansion Pack'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Overpriced - sims3, expansion pack pc game Overpriced - sims3, expansion pack