Monday 25 April 2011

Digital Camera Tripod - tripod, digital camera tripod


I bought this to use with my Flip Video cam, It works great. I didn't think I would ever use the hook and loop strap it looked kind of hokie. Boy was I wrong. That little strap is Awesome. I can strap the cam to the handlebares of my bike and go riding. Or strap it to lamppost for rock steady videos. I strapped to my ceieling fan for a head spinning video. Pedco UltraPod Lightweight Camera Tripod

I've had one of these for over five years now, and it works great: I find it indispensable. Small enough to tuck into a pocket or bag, the velcro allows it to be attached to almost any vertical or horizontal bar or pole, while the ball-bearing head allows the camera to be positioned as you need. Great for putting yourself in the picture, time lapse, or night photography.

While in the field shooting pictures, it is often cumbersome to lug around a large, heavy, tripod. The UltraPod, although not suited for every shot, and every occasion, is very handy to pack along, and does a fine job in holding my Nikon D-90 steady, and the pictures do come out well. I have used the UltraPod for over 10 years now, and recently bought a new one for myself and a friend, because I lost my older one.

I recomend any photographer packing one of these UltraPods along on any trip. Again, this doesn't take the place of a larger, more sturdy, tripod, but it can come in handy in a lot of instances.

I purchased this on a whim while at a camera store recently and I LOVE this product. I put it on my small point and shoot camera and use it as a handle when I'm not using it as a tripod. It fits perfectly in my pocket and is always handy.



However, DO NOT pay $40 for this. I paid $12 for it in a store including tax!

I chose this tripod after watching a YouTube video of one of those segmented bendable mini-tripods in action. After watching, I decided the bendable kind looked too wobbly.



So I chose this one instead, and I'm happy I did. This little tripod is very stable. And when you have the legs folded together it makes a nice pistol grip for your pocket camera, something I don't think the wobbly segmented kind would do well.



The velcro strap is about a foot long, which means it will wrap around just about anything the bendable tripods will, and, I think, holds the camera much more safely and securely.



The head tightens nicely and doesn't slip. I tried the tripod with a Panasonic DMC-ZS3, which is fairly heavy as far as pocket cameras go, and it held securely without a bit of slip in the mounting head.



And it really is very light.

I have a few of these.



PROS: Light and compact.

CONS: Not sure what the weight limit is, but I wouldn't but my Nikon D90 on it. It's plastic but an aluminum design would be a nice upgrade.



I use these for light cameras (GoPro), voice recorders (that have a tripod thread) and shotgun mics that I set just off camera on a table.

I've been an Ultra-pod II user for over 10 years, always carry one in my bag. Recently, I bought this smaller version Ultrapod which would be too weak to support SLR with a lens on. I carry this small Ultrapod in bag to use with my pocket camera (Sigma DP1 and Canon G), and take the old Ultrapod II only with my DSLR(Canon 5D), saved more bag space.



some issues that could be improved:

1) I have to find my own bag/case for each of those portable tripods, it would be much batter if a matching soft nylon case came with it.

2) when shooting vertical, this small one is not as good as the Ultrapod II, because the shorter neck of the small tripod, and not as sturdy/staple as the bigger one, of course



I like both, but this smaller modle is better to carry with compact cameras and bigger one can support DSLR with some light/normal lens weight

I've used these for years. Small enough to leave

(almost always) on the camera...and makes getting

a good shot much, MUCH easier than having no

tripod at all, which is usually the other option.

Absolutely essential for those who camp or hike alone.

This is the perefect tripod for a backpacker who doesn't want something heavy. You can easily strap it to tree branches or in my case to my trekking pole. It was small enough to slip into my pocket along with my camera, making it very easy to access it. My son has searched "high and low" in stores for one for himself to no avail so bought him this one off the internet. - Travel Tripod - Photography - Tripod - Digital Camera Tripod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Camera Tripod - tripod, digital camera tripod photography Digital Camera Tripod - tripod, digital camera tripod