Monday 25 April 2011

2009 Amazon Frustration-fre


I lift weights regularly and started to get callouses on my hands, so I went seeking some gloves. I purchased these based on the good reviews. They are great, but I'm giving them only four stars because there is no sizing chart available. I had originally ordered these in a large because I thought that would be a safe bet: I'm 5'8," taller than most women I know, and based on my wrist size I have a "small large" frame. And I have to buy household gloves in a large. Well, these gloves in a large where too big, and of course when I went to order some in the next size down, they were back-ordered & I had to wait nearly a month, further callousing my hands. Once they arrived, I found them to be a great fit & quite comfortable. They in no way hinder my grip on the weights, they're cute, and and a portion of the proceeds goes to breast cancer research. A good buy, would definitely recommend. Saranac b-grl Women's Luxe Fitness Glove (Black, Small)

Over my 20 years of weightlifting I've tried many gloves and believe me, these are the best! They are comfortable, form-fitting without being too snug, have the right amount of padding in the palms, & move with me. Basically they feel like a second skin with protection where you need it-(not like Harbinger or others that rub & constrict in the wrong places). I work out to look good and these gloves both work hard and look good too. The price is right as well! And to think even at that price they donate part to charity- thats pretty cool. Definitely 5 stars.

I work out often and find gloves to be a necessity. This and the Core are the best gloves I have ever worn. The fit is great and I really like the styling. The gloves are washable and hold up well - would reccomend this and the core to all. B-grl has a great story behind it (check out the website) not the least of which is their support to find a cure for breast cancer! I have 3 freinds who have bought the b-grl fitness gloves and all of them love them - best glove ever worn - I suggest it to everyone!

I bought these to use for yoga. My hands get sweaty during downward dog and I slip a lot, so my instructor recommended buying some training gloves. I saw other reviews and thought I'd be okay, but seriously BUY A SIZE SMALLER. I'm 5'9" and the large is just too big. My hands stay in one place on my yoga mat, but the creases in between my fingers are getting hurt from swimming inside the gloves. I would say that the quality of the product is high, but unless the fit is right the whole thing can go wrong.

I needed some gloves to protect my hands during my weight lifting workouts. These gloves are perfect for that task! They are very comfortable and the terry cloth thumbs are great for alleviating sweat. These gloves are also adjustable, which is a nice feature.

*** edited Dec. 2010

I have been using these gloves 2-3 times a week for weight lifting for a year now, and they still look great! I've washed them twice, and they have handled that as well. I'm back to get another pair simply because I am tired of waiting for these things to wear out, so that I can get the medium! ***



I've been using these gloves for about 4 weeks, and I love them. They are easy on/off, and really help eliminate barbell chafing. I had been using a nice pair of leather gloves before, but they really made my hands sweat, and were hard to get off. This pair breathes very well, is easy off, and can be washed. Although the padding is average, it just seems to be better placed than most other gloves I have tried. I consider my hands pretty large for a girl (I wear a size 9 ring) so I got the large, but I wish I had gotten the medium since these are way too large in the wrist. These are very stretchy, so if you are wavering between 2 sizes, I would go down.

First of all, they do run large. My hands are fairly ordinary in size and the small fits me perfectly.



But the reason for the low rating has to do with their quality. I opened the box, detached the gloves from their packaging and put them on... only to discover that the stitching was such that two of the fingers aren't completely attached as the stitches are coming undone. They seem like great gloves otherwise, so I'm going to try to wear them and see how it goes and repair them as I need to. But what a disappointment - I don't think it's too much to ask that products have better quality control than that!

Love these gloves. I got the black. I usually have to get a large in women's gloves, but in these the medium fits great. They are very comfortable, not too thin, and not too bulky like other gloves I have worn. I would highly recommend.

I've been looking for glove to replace my old ones and believe it or not that's not easy. I went to a huge sporting goods store and wasn't impressed by anything they had. I finally settled on a pair of Nike glove for $15. That was a waste. After 15 minutes of use I had to take them off. They were cutting off my circulation and digging into my skin between my fingers. It wasn't that they were too small (i have small hands and got mediums). If I would have gotten bigger gloves, there would have been too much bunching in the palms.



I decided to go to Amazon, though I hate buying something like gloves when I can't try them on first. I figured I'll read some reviews and take a chance. I purchased the b-grl gloves because they were not too masculine and they were well reviewed. I have to say that I'm glad I did. These are very comfortable and don't cut into my hands at all. I would definitely buy these again.

I originally ordered a large because I have long fingers and usually have to buy large gloves. I had to return and get a medium instead. Return process was easy, no RAC required.



Gloves are soft and flexible and do a decent job of protecting my hands from new calluses.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


2009 Amazon Frustration-fre 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre