Saturday 16 April 2011

Educational Games - bingo, family game


I bought this game for my children several years ago on the advice of the owner of my favorite toy store. I love board games, and my children were 3 and 5 then, and just starting to enjoy them as well. Well, we couldn't get the kids to stop playing Zingo. They played quietly for more than 2 hours. Since you can play with up to 8 players, we have had lots of neighborhood kids playing the game out on the front steps. Since then, I have bought at least 10 Zingo games -- I have given them to all my children's friends and I always keep a few around to give out for birthday gifts. Everyone loves this game. ThinkFun Zingo

This preschooler variation of the old favorite Bingo is a real winner. Zingo cards have a 3 by 3 grid that shows pictures and words. Cards have a yellow side (easier, for younger kids) and a red side for the odler ones. The plastic game piece dispenser is well-designed and fun to use. Players shout out to claim a piece, which is then placed over the appropriate square on the player's card. There are several play variations.Excellent game for the younger set, and fun for older children and adults as well.

My son got this for his fourth birthday and still plays with it regularly (he's now over 5). He'd just started to read when he got it, and the game helped him add many new words to his vocabulary - but more importantly, it was fun! His friends loved it so much that several of them asked for their own sets as gifts. We play until everyone wins and gets to shout Zingo!, and the kids help each other get there. And my son even plays it sometimes by himself. It's really wonderful, very very fun, and would be great for kids from about 3 to at least 6.

My 4 yr old son received this game as a gift and he loves it. Basically it is Bingo with a twist, focusing more on sight words / images that kids can recognize. He loves playing with it, hands out the scorecards to anyone in our home who is willing to play.



What amazes me, though, is that my 20 month old daughter also loves this game and she has learned so many words from it that we wouldn't think to teach her. For instance, "ghost" "worm" "bug" "house". She recognizes them, says them (without prompting) and then matches them on her scorecard. I'm not saying this to tout my kid -- not at all, but because this has become a wonderful learning game for her.



The version of the game I have is actually by Discovery Toys, but I'm pretty sure its the same as this version by ThinkFun.

I bought this game for my five year old child and the entire family enjoys it. He is constantly asking someone to play with him and we are always willing. We have not gotten tired of this one yet. Very easy for a young child to use. Highly recommend.

This game is great. Since the day we got it, it has been played with all the time. The kids love being able to yell "Zingo" when the win. The design is great since you can keep all the pieces neatly tucked in the dispenser.A great fun, educational game for game nights and rainy days!

My family absolutely loves this game. Our three year old especially loves it. The main issue with it is the difficulty of reloading the dispenser. My suggestion for the company would be to print the pictures on both sides of the tiles so they could be inserted in the dispenser either side up. This would save a lot of time and effort for the parents!

Zingo is like Bingo with pictures instead of numbers. My grandson liked it at first and so did I, however by the third game he was ready to turn the cards over to the harder sides, was ready to play two cards at the same time, plus two cards for me, plus two cards for his teddy bear--all at the same time. The tiles, while very durable, must be loaded into a gadget--a timeconsuming, no fun chore that will be left to the parent or older child. And it is harder the bigger fingers you have. I like this as an alternate game, but not if you only just want to buy one to refresh your game stock. - Family Game - Educational Games - Bingo - Zingo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Educational Games - bingo, family game educational games Educational Games - bingo, family game