Saturday 16 April 2011

Digital Voice Recorder - mic, adjustable


This mini microphone is small, light & easy to bring anyway. It's perfect for my laptop during Skype & Yahoo Messenger calls. Surprisingly the voice quality is quite good. With the the flexible neck, I can turn it facing my mouth direction, hence I can sit back & relax while talking without leaning toward my laptop screen (where the built-in microphone located). I'm really satisfied with this product. It's a small price to pay for such convenient product. Highly recommended! Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone for PC/Laptop/Skype

The first mic they sent looked just like the photo except it had a silver stem. That's the mic I originally wrote this review for.



The mic doesn't plug firmly enough into the microphone jack to prevent it from falling over, and it doesn't pick up sound well enough to be so far from the user's mouth. The sound is too faint to be of any use, even with microphone input set to maximum. My clip-on mic picks up sound better laying on my keyboard. In order for this mic to work, I have to lean over with my mouth just a few inches away from it. There's no way it would work for Skype. It would cost more to send it back than what I paid for the mic, so it makes no sense to return it for a refund, but it isn't worth the little money I paid for it either.



Since I wrote the review above, I ordered another of the same mic from a different seller (see comments below). The second mic has the black stem, and guess what ... it works GREAT. It works as well or better than my clip-on mics. It also fits firmly into the mic plug so it doesn't fall over like the first mic did. Clearly, either two different mics are being sold as the same one (one silver, one black) or there are two different colors of the same mic made my a company with absolutely horrible quality control. Both mics were purchased as the same mic (from this same page), so it's anyone's guess which one they'll get. I could average my one star and 5 star ratings and give this this product three stars, but which mic you get is a total gamble, and for that alone, it still deserves just one star.

This mic is great no matter where your mic port is on your laptop. I love that it is flexible. It works with vista and picks up my voice without having to shout. It's only about 4-5 inches long and would be easy to travel with. The sound quality was pretty good. I recorded a test track and it sounded loud and clear. This would be great for video chat.

I bought this microphone in October and it just would not work. I tried everything possible-went into the control panel and played with the audio and sound device settings, but to no avail. I needed it for a class, and it let me down, so I was unhappy with it, to say the least. It was too cheap to bother sending back, so I just wrote it off. I left negative seller feedback for HDE, which I guess was wrong. I should have done this review in the first place. HDE harassed me until I deleted the feedback. I just thought I would let people know that you may want to go for a more robust microphone if you need it for something important.

(11/03/2009) I got this small microphone today and used it to chat on gmail. I was told that the sound quality has improved very much. Before that, I used to use the built-in microphone in my laptop. Very good product so far. If anything changes, I will post an update.

Okay, first off I ordered this for my pc. Yes, I know it's for labtop, but it was too cheap to pass up. How did I get it to work for my pc? Easy. I used a 3.5mm to 3.5mm extender cable, and I sit the mic on top of my monitor.The result? a very nice pc mic for a very low price. Okay, it's not studio quality but it works for me on online gaming and voice chat.



For those saying "It doesn't work, the sound is so low".....You need to edit the setting in your sound and boost the mic. By default, the settings will be low as anything, so of course it won't pick up anything. After you go to your sound setting and boost the mic, you should notice it picking you up fairly well.



I did several tests with this mic to see how well it worked, and it picked me up fine over 3 ft away from it, 15 ft as well but a bit quieter(I keep testing to see how well it works.) so I say the test worked fairly well, and I am happy with my bargain purchase.





Edit 4/9/10:



Been a few days and the mic still works great. I have been using it daily for chatting and on voice chat on some online games. People can hear me fine and there have been no issues. People have commented that they can hear me "loud and clear". I am also not up close to the mic, I haven't moved it from my monitor.

I honestly don't hope for much when I'm shopping on such a tight budget but amazon always manages to surprise me. I laughed at myself for putting this mic in my cart. My bf made fun of me for being cheap. Now who's laughing...the thing actually works...well. O.K. so the arm doesn't necessarily stand up str8...who cares, I caught it for like eighty cents. The sound is great. Hope this helps in your search. - Flexible - Mic - Adjustable - Mini'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information