Thursday 7 April 2011

African-religio


This book examines the knowledge of the Yoruba people from their own way of expressiing it. In order to know a people I think its important to understand them from their own point of view. First rate scholarship. The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful: Discourse about Values in Yoruba Culture

After having read Mr. Hallen's other work (Knowledge and Belief of Witchcraft) I was interested to read his newest work. I had been eagerly awaiting the release for months and it was worth the wait!Mr. Hallen expertly presents the values of the Yoruba culture as they relate to beauty and goodness. As a student and priest of Yoruba religious system, this book is a valuable addition to my library - an important step forward in my studies and the studies of anyone interested in this profound and sophisticated culture. I think this book is much better than his former volume and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who has an interest in learning more about the values and perspectives of the Yoruba people. I extend my thanks to Mr. Hallen, wish him much success and hope that he continues to study and share the world of the Yoruba with the rest of the world.

I really learnt a lot more about the yorubas..Informative ....interesting However what happened to the his co-other (sodipo) there was no mention of him as he(Hallen) would have learnt a lot from his friend (sodipo) -a yoruba man. Could they both write a follow up as it would be even better. Keep it up guys........'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


African-religio African-religio African-religio