Thursday 17 March 2011

Surge Protectors - outlet, power strip


I work in the IT industry, so every time people move offices they come to me for a power strip. I buy these power strips regularly because:



1. They have seemed to protect adequately for surges

2. They are very compact

3. They are cheap!!!!

4. The big one-- the power switch is on the side where the power cable exits the strip. This has a big advantage.



You'd be amazed how many times people, cleaning crews or others accidentally flip the power switch on a power strip that may be under the edge of a desk or in an area that can get bumped but isn't easily seen. That also causes problems because people don't understand why their stuff isn't working. Having the switch on the side dramatically reduces the frequency with which I get calls because "stuff stopped working"... No one ever expects the simple answer and always assume a device has gone bad, etc.



The color fits in with your average office creme color, and unless you are going to get a power squid or UPS I wouldn't spend more on a power strip than the cost of this. Belkin 6-Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector

I needed this for my bedside table, for my alarm clocks, cell phone charger, lamp, etc. It is perfect for little things like that. The cord is very short but for what I need to use it for that is okay. I wouldn't use it for anything other than something small like that.



The main downside to it is that it doesn't have a flatter plug. Several surge protectors have that now so it fits closer to the wall, and since this will be going in behind my bed I would've preferred that. That is why it lost a star. Otherwise, it suited my needs perfectly.

This spike bar is awesome and the color is very nice in my opinion. It comes with a warranty protecting all your devices plugged into the product. if your devices get damaged from a shock while plugged in the spike bar then the company will replace it up to a certain dollar amount which i think is $10,000.

This power strip contains a plain and simple design, not much features but does it job under a desk, the slim design fits well in tight space. However there is no light to indicate if the strip is on or not. Overall the build quality seems to be adequate for home or small office use.

Nothing special about this surge protector, but that shouldn't be taken as a negative. This is a solid surge protector at a great price. It provides everything you would expect in a surge protector in this price range. It looks good too. I have every reason to expect this last a long time. - Surge Protectors - Belkin - Outlet - Power Strip'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Surge Protectors - outlet, power strip power strip Surge Protectors - outlet, power strip