Thursday 17 March 2011

Razor Scooter - scooters, micro


I did all the research and settled on the Maxi Kick for my son's 4th birthday present. He loves it! I was a little reluctant because it says ages 6-10, but he's tall for his age and I knew he'd outgrow the Mini too quickly. He had no problem figuring it out. Didn't even think twice about the joystick steering (as opposed to traditional handle bars). So smooth across the ground. I'd describe my son as above average in terms of coordination and balance, but he's fairly reluctant when it comes to most gross-motor activities (climbing, hanging, biking, etc). Not a dare devil. And he's had the Radio Flyer My First Scooter for a few years and never rides it. So I really wasn't sure how he'd take to this. Now I can't get him off of it. So worth the money. maxi kick Scooter - BLACK with Pilot Stick Steering. Winner of the Oppenheim Portfolio Gold and Platinum Seal Awards 2009

I bought this for my slightly-smaller-than-average 5 year old daughter. I thought it might be too big for her, as the manufacturer claims that the Maxi Scooter is for 6-10 year olds. After waiting patiently while much larger children rode the display model in the toy store, my daughter began cruising around the store on the Maxi while calling it "her" scooter.



When we brought it home, I was pleased with the ease of assembly. It took my daughter two riding sessions to get used to the feel of leaning rather than turning, and holding the pilot stick rather than handlebars. Now, she leaves her older friends on Razors in the dust, uphill, downhill, and while turning. Even though she goes a lot faster than she did on her old scooter, I feel that she is safer because she has a much easier time turning and stopping. Kids as old as 12 line up to take turns riding it, as the pilot stick height adjustment takes about a second, without tools.



Many neighborhood parents have asked about it, so I imagine the streets will soon be filled with Maxi Scooters, unless they choke when they see the price. The Maxi Scooter was worth the price for our family because my daughter and her friends are SCOOTER FANATICS, and this model should last several years.



Here's how I would rate it (out of 5):



Ease of assembly: 5 (Snap the pilot stick into the kickboard. Done).



Construction: 5



APPARENT durability (we haven't had it very long): 5



Intuitive use: 5



Braking: 5



Fun: 5



Worth the price: 5



"Cool" factor: 5



I hope this helps!

I purchased this scooter for my grandson that lives in NYC. I had visited my daughter a few months ago in London that's where I saw the scooter. My british grandson and all his friends were riding like little whizzing birds all over the place. This scooter seemed to give them such a confidence. I was impressed and searched all over the internet for this product b/c there were none in the stores. I'm so glad I found it. I not only bought the maxi scooter for my 7 yo I also bought his brother 2yo the mini scooter or "tooter" as he calls it. So cute he doesn't go anywhere without it. No more carriage for him and he's getting so much exercise chasing after his brother. Don't forget the HELMETS!!

We got this for our 6 year old boy after his younger brother was so enamored with the mini scooter made by the same company. Two things about this scooter are somewhat unique. First and most obviously is the "stick" handle and steering. The height is fully adjustable (my son adjusts the height on his on his own) and the design allows him to steer abit like he's holding a ski pole on a slalom ski course (or steering a helicopter, you get the idea). He can crouch down and hold on low on the stick, making maneuvers reminiscent of how a skateboarder might ride. The second feature worth noting is the braking capability. The guard over the back two wheels can be pressed down with your back foot. This same feature exists on the mini too. The kids love this, it means they can cruise down slopes with confidence or zoom up to an area and stop basically on a dime. The only slight downside to this is that the wheels can get worn down excessively on a section of the wheel so that the rolling becomes abit bumpy. This is more of an issue on the mini because it only has one back wheel. With the maxi's two back wheels the bumpyness from excessive wear from braking is less noticable. Not sure if they could make the wheels out of a harder material, but this might reduce the appeal of the product because the wheels do look to be the same quality and material you might find on good inline skates. Other than this minor qualm, we really like this scooter, my kids are on these all the time and prefer them to biking really.

I cannot say enough positive things about this scooter, and the whole kickboard line. We started with a mini for my youngest and had a nice razor for my older son (6). Well, my 6 yo wanted to ride the mini all the time so we bit the bullet and bought the maxi. Wow. They have a blast on them! I have since bought the kickboard original for myself for mothers day. It is wonderful exercise. It is fun. It helps teach balance. My youngest learned the concept of leaning to steer on the scooter and it greatly helped him learn to ride a bike (its the same motion). They are so compact and transportable we throw them in the car all the time so we have them at parks. They are an excellent transportation method to get to parades, beaches, parks and such. Additionally, all the parts are replaceable. We have purchased new wheels and brakes from the supplier at extremely reasonable rates. I see passing these scooters down through generations. It is a worthy investment and you truly get more than you pay for. And I don't say that lightly. I wholeheartedly recommend the maxi to kids 5 and up and the mini to kids as young as two. Pick a gender neutral color and it is something you can easily use for more than one child. - Micro - Scooters - Razor Scooter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Razor Scooter - scooters, micro scooters Razor Scooter - scooters, micro