Thursday 17 March 2011

Black  decker - paper shredder, shredders


I picked one of these up after looking around pretty much everywhere...the blades are very robust looking compared to many on the market. It shreds papers into thin ~4" long sections. It shreds much faster than my old shredder did, but can only do about 3-4 sheets without sounding pretty bogged down...plus the slit you stick the papers in is pretty narrow. I really like the cover that makes it look tidy, helps you know it's off and prevents young kids from fooling with it. For the price, I think it's fabulous. Black & Decker CC1000 10-Sheet Crosscut Paper Shredder with Power Boost

This is my third shredder and so far, the best yet. I paid much more for my previous shredders at Staples that didn't have all the features this one does and both of those died due to papers jams. This one has a power boost to avoid those and has a safety shield that folds down when not in use. Would buy again!

After years of carefulling feeding our old shredder and clearing jams, it finally died. We shred all of the credit card junk that banks insist of including with our statements, along with other documents with personal info. So far, I've only needed to push the extra power button once. No more concerns about unfolding documents completely before shredding, or only feeding two or three pages. I looks great in our home office, and we have no complaints about how it functions. I find it funny that Amazon wants buyers to rate how quiet and smooth a shredder is. To rate how quiet and smooth it is, I would have to feed similar paper into a bunch of shredders and see how much noise they make. This one sounds like a paper shredder. If my wife is sleeping in the next room, I wait to shred.

This is the quality I've come to expect from Black & Decker. My old shredder had died a while ago and I kept forgetting to get a new one until things hit critical mass. This arrived, I put it to work on the mountain of "to shred" I had. It worked great on the pile, never jamming.

The only downside I've seen at all is that the full indicator has a hair-trigger and bucket design leaves dead space as the shred paper drops into a pile. This makes it show full much earlier than I'd like to see - It's only about 2/3 full, but the peak of the pile gets close in the center, it shuts down with a full indicator. Not a biggie, but it means you have to empty it more frequently.

I purchased this to replace an older, larger shredder. This shredder does a great job at quickly shredding paper, but is quite (and almost painfully) loud. If it wasn't for the fact that this shredder shreds at least 1.5 - 2 times faster than my older shredder, I would return it. The basket is big enough for routine use, but the "filled" sensor reports that the shredder is full when there is still enough room for several more sheets of paper. I'm guessing that this feature helps avoid jamming be keeping the shredder from "feeding" itself previously shredded paper, and forces you to stop shredding larger jobs frequently enough to avoid overheating the machine (which takes 30 minutes of cool-down to start working again). Overall a nice shredder for the price, but it could stand to be 50% slower if it could be 50% quieter as well.

I bought one of these shredders earlier today. When I opened the box, I realized it was a return (it was partially unpacked). It didn't work. I returned it and got another one. This one makes a lot of noise and a few short slits in the paper, but that's all. Of course, Black & Decker has no customer service on Sundays. I'll take it back and shop for another brand. - A  great Safe Shredder - Shredders - Shredder - Paper Shredder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information