Thursday 17 March 2011

Latitude Battery - long life, d630


I purchased this No-Name battery for my home D620 laptop. Later I placed this battery side-by-side my co-workers Dell-branded D620 batteries. Every molding nuance was identically replicated - ejector pin placement, gating, parting lines, flash, texture, label blank size & placement, etc. For those knowing nothing about plastics, it means the housing for this Dell and No-Name came off the same mold. When this battery eventually dies, I'll dismantle it and compare the internals to a Dell-branded battery. After a month of ownership this No-Name battery maintains a 3+ hour charge.

Mike Pientka, Principal Engineer 9 cell battery for Dell D620 D630 D631 Precision M2300

Quick shipment and no damages great job to Amazon on that one.



This battery had no problems connecting and entered smoothly. I am getting about and average of 3.5 hours of battery life while my laptop does some crazy multitasking. I have not had any problems yet and hope not to but for now it has been great for the price.

Not much to say,

I was afraid not buying the original dell battery - for no good reason.

This battery does exactly what it is supposed to do for 1/3 of the price (compared to original dell battery).



If you hesitate - don't. Just get one.

This seller claim this laptop battery has 1 year warrenty, but when I tried to get a replacement, they said it has been more than 60 days so they wouldn't do replacement.

Everyone, DO NOT BUY from this vendor!!!! I would pay little more from Dell to get better customer service.

This battery is an excellent upgrade when you need the extra life off the cord. For most average computer work I get about 4 hours of work time. Obviously running DVD's will cut that time, but yuou can easily watch an entire movie and still have some time left for work. Even the little wrist rest is not much of an annoyance.

Bought this not sure what to expect for the cheap price compared to Dell's batteries, it snapped right in and had 49% charged already. Let it get a full charge and now at full charge it usually last 3.5 to 4 hrs. Had it for about 2 weeks with no problems what so ever.

I bought it a month ago and so far it works. It replaced the original Dell battery which lasted 17 months, costs three times as much, was not covered under warranty, and when new had a shorter life between recharging. Keep in mind that this and other longer life batteries are larger than the original battery. If you purchase an aftermarket battery during the warranty period, keep the original and reinstall it if you ever need a warranty repair.

My wife ordered one for her D630 for a Christmas gift, and I got one for my D620 for Valentine's Day (when we think of romantic gifts, we think of Amazon). The batteries are working fine -- better than 3 hours' service. They fit well, despite the clunky "wrist rest" that evidently holds the extra 3 cells.

It matches my Dell XPS laptop as it said it should. My old battery wouldn't last half an hour after 2 years, this replacement keeps my hardware going up to 4 hours, usually 3 when I'm running some research simulations (processor intensive).

After looking on Dell's site and on Amazon I chose this battery for the low cost and expected life. While the battery does not last nearly as long as claimed, with my laptop on full bright and Wi-Fi I still get about 2.5hrs per charge. Add to that the fact that the charge only takes about 90 mins to go from nothing to top and goes to trickle after so as not to burn the thing down.



Battery's for Dell's are garbage regardless of the brand/make/model. It is just a fact that they did not design these with battery life as any sort of concern. That being said I will happily buy another one when this one dies. Life for Money cannot be beat. I am on month 7 I believe with no issues at all. - Laptop Battery - Latitude Battery - Long Life - D630'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Latitude Battery - long life, d630 long life Latitude Battery - long life, d630