Thursday 10 March 2011

Shower Organization - oxo, shower organization


We've had this Good Grips caddy for about three years now, and I just came here on Amazon to replace it since it has rusted and the rust has gotten a bit bad at this point. If I have to replace it every three years, though, I'm still a happy customer; I've tried many brands of shower caddies over the years, and even the "non-rusting" ones still end up rusting.



What is great about this caddy is that it is large enough to hold those Costco-sized bottles of shampoos, plus all the various scented shower gels that I like to keep in the shower. (I like to keep two or three different scents in the shower, and this caddy is large enough that my husband doesn't complain about me taking up all the space on the caddy. ;-) ) Additionally, it has a nice open try for a bar of soap, a handy place to keep my razor, and a small hooked area for my loofah.



Overall, this has a great amount of storage space and it hangs securely (doesn't feel wobbly or pull on the shower head at all). As I have been with all of the Good Grips products I've purchased, I am satisfied customer! OXO Good Grips 3-Tier Shower Caddy

Purchased this product 2 years ago. I love all of the storage space it provides for a variety of bath/shower essentials. It is easy to hook over the shower arm and stays in place. My one big problem is that it is now rusting (started after about one year). I am now looking for a new shower caddy that won't rust and is made in the USA (I would settle for made in Germany). This caddy is made in China and that also makes it less attractive in my opinion.

Update: 4/13/2011

I finally decided to try a different shower caddy and so far have been satisfied...purchased the Simplehuman Adjustable Stainless Steel Shower Caddy on August 23, 2010 from Amazon.com...lots of room for all my stuff and not a hint of rust so far...keeping my fingers crossed that this shower caddy will end my search for a long-lasting, roomy, and decent-looking shower caddy.

Got this caddy about a month ago and got it set up right away. We put in our shampoo bottles and other stuff and it worked great. One day I noticed that the middle shelf looked a bit uneven, but didn't think too much about it. Next day, I see the shelf had broken off. I didn't have many products on that shelf, so I was surprised.



I've emailed Oxo on the issue, so I'll see how they respond. This may be an isolated issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

This is a tremendous step up from our previous shower caddy. I knew it was time for a new one when our old one a) Couldn't hold more than 3 items and b) Came crashing down after the suction cups failed in the middle of the night.



When searching around for a replacement, I had a goal in mind to find something durable and spacious. Having a stand-up shower leaves little room for existing storage, and it's a pain to line bottles up around the bottom edges. The OXO Good Grips 3-Tier Caddy initially struck me by how large it was in terms of capacity for bottles and bath products. I was concerned at first about the so-called "Good Grip" that just clamps around the neck of the shower head. I have a shower head that has a hose attachment and handle, so an additional concern was the hose getting in the way of the functionality of the caddy, and vice versa.



However, when it arrived, I quickly realized that my worries were squelched as I fit the caddy to the shower neck and placed every single bottle we have in the caddy's 3 tiers with room to spare! The grip on the shower neck seems very stable and doesn't appear to have any slipping problems, and the suction cup plate in the bottom rear of the caddy provides added support. Since the top of the caddy is so close to the shower head handle, I store smaller bottles on the top tier, our large shampoos/conditioner on the 2nd tier, and two bars of soap on the bottom. I'm pleased that I finally have a place to hang my loofa to dry (something the original caddy lacked)! All in all, I'm thrilled with the caddy and think it's a fair price for so much space. Would it be worth replacing in the future should rust become a problem? I haven't gotten there yet as I've only owned it for a few days now, but I'd still say so.

I just moved into my new house and the shower head on my shower sloped downward. My regular shower caddy would not stay on and kept sliding down. i tried 2 that did not stay on and found this one and it stays on perfectly. It grips the pipe and suctions to the wall and does not move unless you want it to. Perfect for me and I looked at many.

I purchased this item at the end of September. It is now 3 months later and it has completely rusted. I squeegee the shower walls after every shower and I live in a area with hardly any humidity.



It worked fine and fit well but the rust makes it not worth the money. Buy something cheaper, it will last just as long.

I admit it's more money than I've ever spent on a shower caddy - but this one is ridiculously amazing! Not only does it hold everything and in perfect order - it also has all these neat little extras that I didn't even expect. Being able to place shampoo & conditioner bottles upside down through the little holes to get the last drops out is brilliant. I also like the fact that the suction cups on the bottom are little ones and there are about 12 or so. This means that no matter what type of grout you have the suction cups will stick. I also like that the suction cups at the bottom are the only ones on the caddy. No more annoying slippage of suction to throw off the balance. It has this really neat OXO hook at the top that keeps the thing stationary - and the little suction cups do their part on the bottom. The folks at OXO obviously did their research on this one. I would give this one 6 stars if I could. My friend Katie thinks I'm crazy because she was over the night I put it up and kept trying to get her to come to the bathroom to see it. It's THAT good - you want to show it off. KUDOS!!!! - Shower Organization - Shower Storage - Oxo - Bath Shower Caddy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shower Organization - oxo, shower organization shower organization Shower Organization - oxo, shower organization