Wednesday 30 March 2011

Ipad Accessory - computer accessories, ipad


There are sooooo many options for iPad cases/sleeves that its overwhelming! I read...and researched...and got a headache! To make things more complicated, not all specify whether they are for iPad or iPad 2 or if another cover will fit along w/ this which was a mandatory feature I wanted.



I recently purchased the iPad 2 along w/ a smart cover, but there is no way a smart cover is enough protection when I want to transport my iPad 2 out of my house. After MANY hours of reading/researching all over the place, I decided to give this a try.



The price is VERY reasonable; the pics + description were most helpful; shipping was fast!



I really like this sleeve, altho I feel it is more of a case. It is soft sided w/ some padding, but no stiff support. It has dual opposing zippers, but they do not go all the way around the case, so the case does not open up fully = you have to slide iPad in and out instead of placing flat and then zipping. Not a problem for me, just didn't realize prior to purchasing. This fits my iPad 2 w/ smart cover very nicely. I also love the outer zippered pocket for me to carry my earbuds or charger or whatever I might want to take along. Neither the case nor the zipper pocket are large, so don't plan on packing a lot of extra stuff w/ this. Personally, I like this as I did not want a large case adding a lot of bulk to my iPad 2 - I mean, lets face it - part of the attraction of the iPad 2 is the slim, small size. Why would I want to ruin that by bulking it up?



The plum color is deep, rich, royal - LOVE it!



I must comment on the smell - there is a definite plastic smell upon opening. Might bother some, didn't really bother me since I had been forewarned and expected it (its not like a toxic green cloud is emanating from the thing) and over the past 48 hours, it has dissipated and now I only smell if I stick my nose right on the thing.



Bottom line - slim, attractive, inexpensive, highly functional protective case for my iPad 2 obtained thru an effortless transaction :) Belkin F8N277tt091 Pleated Sleeve for Apple iPad and iPad 2 (Perfect Plum)

The iPad sleeve is just as expected. Fits the iPad snugly and has room for cable in the outer pocket. Color is a pleasing dark eggplant with contrast light pink lining. There's enough padding to protect from being jostled in a backpack.

I originally ordered this sleeve when I realized the Apple case would not be shipping with my iPad, and I wanted it protected from day one. The sleeve is lightweight, good looking, a terrific designer color, and great quality. While it's everything I expected, I wish they'd make an alternate version that easily fit the Apple case (it fits but it's like putting a size 10 woman in a size 8 dress). It would also be nice to have a pouch for the wireless keyboard.

This is a nice iPad case.



Soft and poofy.



Protects your cool iPad.



The front pouch is handy for storing little accessories like headphones, power supply, camera adapter, sync cable, small cell phone, etc. No you cannot fit the bluetooth keyboard in there, it is too big to fit in there.



This case looks good and offers good, full protection for your expensive toy.



I do recommend it.

I just recently ordered the pleated sleeve for my Ipad 2 from Amazon and had it shipped to my Aunt in Las Vegas. She then sent the sleeve to me here in the Philippines. I was really excited to when it finally came only to be very disappointed when i saw the pleating was misaligned revealing the zipper and the shiny plastic it was mounted on. To make thing worse, the gap in between the pleating was not even. It is tapered from one end to the other (half an inch from one end narrowing to a quarter inch on the other end). From the photos on Amazon and on the Belkin website, the pleating should have been flush with no spaces in between. Apparently this was not an isolated case since there was also a review of the same model on youtube also with the misaligned pleating revealing the zipper. I would have liked to return it but the return shipping costs would be more than what I actually paid for the sleeve.

One of the problems that early adopters of new gadgets often face is lack of vast variety of accessories to protect their purchases. The same is true with the new iPad 2. Whereas Apple's own Smart Cover protects the front of the device, it is not sufficient enough to offer enough security when you carry the device in your backpack, bag, car, etc because it leaves everything else exposed for scratches, dents, and stains.



Belkin Pleated Sleeve for Apple iPad is a neat solution to the problem. Belkin is known for "much better than generic" quality, and this affordable product only proves that. For less than $20, your iPad will be protected much better than with Smart Cover (if you have both, it's even better). The material is soft, but seems durable, looks attractive, and has an extra pocket for the sync cable.



Price/Quality ratio considered, this product deserves 5 stars. - Ipad Case - Ipad - Ipad Accessory - Computer Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


ipad Ipad Accessory - computer accessories, ipad